• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Easy fresh foods in Aus.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I have finally found some dried premixed fresh bird food options that are ready to go!
I shopped at a store I have not used for a long time and they had some stuff in the food section that they did not have last time I shopped there, I was so pleased to find them.
We just tried a small amount of the mixed veggies and so far Burt is satisfied so that is really awesome- I did throw in a few chickpeas, black beans and (omg brain blank) another cooked grain as well as a tiny lump of RPO.

DF422E1D-A755-469F-A0B3-7906A31C9FE0.jpeg 9E852DA9-8E30-4905-8DE0-3CA993B55D91.jpeg 56A5C453-DD92-4D92-8217-09A0546ED239.jpeg

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I've seen those before but never got any, might grab some to try when I get Q's pellets next time.
Do they seem to have a lot of corn in them?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I've seen those before but never got any, might grab some to try when I get Q's pellets next time.
Do they seem to have a lot of corn in them?
I can pour out the contents and snap you a pic of the dry veggie mix if you like?

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I can pour out the contents and snap you a pic of the dry veggie mix if you like?
If you're willing, yes please :)
I don't mind Quarter having some corn, but the budgies get it about as often as they get fruit (very rarely).

Yoshi&Raphi

Real Name
Raphi
I've seen those but never really paid much attention to them. Might buy them next time, I feel like it would be extra convenient when travelling/away from home :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I don't mind Quarter having some corn, but the budgies get it about as often as they get fruit (very rarely).
Perhaps pick a few pieces of corn out before making the food?To lessen the amount.

The mix looks great. Handy to keep in the cupboard :) And always nice to shop locally :bliss:

I´m curious how expensive that is? Because I have seen that veg in Aus is insanely priced ATM

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Perhaps pick a few pieces of corn out before making the food?To lessen the amount.

The mix looks great. Handy to keep in the cupboard :) And always nice to shop locally :bliss:

I´m curious how expensive that is? Because I have seen that veg in Aus is insanely priced ATM
Price and availability of veg in Aus is honestly crazy at the moment, we are still having lettuce shortages so the fast food places like McDonalds and KFC are using shredded cabbage on burgers.

The price is not bad considering it is dried so will last quite a while and it more than doubles in size when water is added.

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I tried to find similar in the UK when I saw your post but no such luck. Let us know how they like it :heart2:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Hope to try it with their breakfast tomorrow morning :) I was a bit disappointed that the pet shop only had three different mixes.
20220824_185322.jpg

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Parrot Rescue Centre has sold these for a while, I find them pretty good mixed with their other fresh veg. Also great for birdie bread!

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Parrot Rescue Centre has sold these for a while, I find them pretty good mixed with their other fresh veg. Also great for birdie bread!
Yeah ok, I have not purchased from them (chipper parrots) for a very long time as they don’t have anything (toy wise) that is actually suitable or decent for large birds so I just get my food elsewhere when I am buying toys or toy parts that are decent and safe. I do wish I have of known they sold these mixes much sooner than I discovered them though :)

Spearmint

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
I've got some of those at my local petshop, I'll stop by and give them a go! As fun as it is making a huge batch of chop every couple weeks, i'll take any shortcuts i can :laugh:

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am yet to try the one I need to cook (sweet bean) as I can not find my tiny saucepan and I do not want to cook up a whole heap of it as I am trying to empty our freezers to clean them all out and start fresh.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Yeah ok, I have not purchased from them (chipper parrots) for a very long time as they don’t have anything (toy wise) that is actually suitable or decent for large birds so I just get my food elsewhere when I am buying toys or toy parts that are decent and safe. I do wish I have of known they sold these mixes much sooner than I discovered them though :)
I get my toys from there all the time, so I probably saw the mixes. I tend to hesitate buying food online unless I've seen people use it or I know my birds like it.
I am pretty sure Quarter did not appreciate his rehydrated veggies yesterday...

I am yet to try the one I need to cook (sweet bean) as I can not find my tiny saucepan and I do not want to cook up a whole heap of it as I am trying to empty our freezers to clean them all out and start fresh.
I really want to try one of the mixes that include grains, but the pet shop didn't have a mix I liked (other than the two I got there was only one other, I think it was the vege supreme one)