• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Eastern Milksnake

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Great pic :)

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
yes, no worries -
Especially if like me, you are expecting to learn something about Eastern Milkshakes.
guess I need my eyeglasses updated.
:)

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oooh! What a fantastic specimen! I'd love to see a snake in the wild and get a pic.

QB1rd

Jogging around the block
We have black snakes of some species that are constantly in our yard and I love to see them. That's really neat that you got to see a milksnake so close!

Winn

Jogging around the block
Benefits of not having venimous snakes in the area, when i look down from my computer and see this one - i can just enjoy it. :) View attachment 409012
Very colorful! Most milkshakes in my area are colored the same as the venomous Copperheads. Unfortunately a lot of them are killed for that reason alone. The pattern is different as is the shape of the head. Many people are terrified of all snakes and don't care to learn to identify them.

We have 3 types of Rattlesnakes here, plus Coral snakes, Copperheads and Cottonmouth Moccasins. Still most snakes I see are harmless. My last encounter was with a red banded moccasin (harmless). The prettiest one I saw in the woods was an Okeetee corn snake. :)

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Snakes are nice for mice problems. I love the way you cropped the picture! How do you get so many wild animal pictures when they are so skittish?