• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Eastern Bluebird Nest At My House!

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Recently a breeding pair of eastern bluebirds have started making a nest in a nest box on a nearby spruce tree. They have not come to our bird feeder, but last time I checked the nest box there was a half finished nest inside!
:bluebird:

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
:party:

I hoped for bluebirds when I put up my nest box a couple of years ago, but have been satisfied with the house wrens who found it instead.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
How exciting. Such beautiful birds. I had yellow bellied flycatchers nesting in the newspaper box under the mailbox. She would fly out everytime the mail lady showed up or anybody walked by.. scaring a lot of people. I hated checking the mail and disturbing her. My next door neighbor walks her dog every day past my house and found a young chick on the pavement in front of the box and put it back in but not all the way back in the box where the nest is. She saw me an hour later and told me about it so I went and checked and it was on the ground again dead. When mom was out of the box later I looked in with a flash light and saw 2 babies in there. After the babies fledged there was one egg that hadn't hatched. This is the second year the same bird nested here, the year before it was a carolina wren. Apparently it's a popular place to raise babies!

This was last years clutch.

Mailbox.jpg

Birdies 1.jpg

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Oh my! Last year, a robin nested in the tree right next to our garage door and I worried whether the noise would stress the momma and chicks. I think it was fine, but theres definitely no nest this year so far.