• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Easiest ways to stay on top of poopy messes around play areas.

babyblue35

Moving in
Real Name
Nikki
Hi Bird lovers!! I was just wondering how everyone stays on top of the bird poop issue. I've tried laying down papers but when Blu flaps his wings, they float around the room and don't stay put. I also have a Great Dane who loves to get under his tree and "forage" through all of Blu's food droppings and he moves the paper all around all the time. At the end of the day, I end up having to mop up the floor no matter what I do. Isn't there an easier way? A rug? A carpet? Something? And then, how often do you clean it?

I know they are messy and I don't care about the mess because my love for him is worth the clean up. I just feel like I spend so much time cleaning when there have got to be easier ways to stay on top of it and make it easier!

Need some ideas so that I don't end up ruining my floor with constant cleaners or my back with constant mopping LOL!

Thanks for any input :D

noice

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Anna
There's a stand in the living room for my guy with a carpet sample underneath. His poop gets caught in the carpet fibers, so when he flies around it doesn't go everywhere. At the end of the day I take the rug outside outside and shake all the stuff off. Good luck ;)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I've read people can buy heavy duty plastic at hardware stores and cut to fit stand. AIR THIS OUTSIDE UNTIL SMELL IS GONE THOUGH!

You can also use old sheets cut to fit and then shake outside (and/or wash as needed)

Can you tape paper down with two sided tape?

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I've read people can buy heavy duty plastic at hardware stores and cut to fit stand. AIR THIS OUTSIDE UNTIL SMELL IS GONE THOUGH!

You can also use old sheets cut to fit and then shake outside (and/or wash as needed)

Can you tape paper down with two sided tape?

I'd use painter's tape if it's a wood floor.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I bought a piece of vinyl flooring that I cut into pieces to go under hanging gyms and in front of their cage. Easy to pick up and clean

Jaguar

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
I use vinyl placemats. :) I use a putty knife to remove loose poop before washing it.

featherdown

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Amanda
Steam mop and aviclean have been lifesavers around here. I just vacuum the big stuff, then hit stuck poop with aviclean and steam mop it all away.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I buy old sheets etc at thrift shops for that. Then shake them off outside and throw in the wash :)

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
Incontinence pads for humans. They are washable, quite large and heavy enough for flapping prevention.