• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dry sneezing(fits) and regurgitating into his own mouth over and over again (vomiting?)

Sheba

Meeting neighbors
Here is a link to the videos of him doing these things .

He has been doing these for 2 days , people said they were probably just signs of stress after we took him to a vet via car and that they would go away after a while , but these actions didnt go away , instead they became more and more frequent and now its worrying me . I dont know why he does these .

First off: he started sneezing really often , so often that I heard him sneeze at 4-5 am yesterday. And I woke up by him having a sneezing fit today at 12 pm . Its just dry sneezing , no wetness no mucus etc. Just sneezing as seen in the video . He also makes squeeking noises at night but I assume its normal ?

And usually after he sneezes though sometimes just by itself ,he regurgitates/vomits for no reason as seen in the video . Seeds arent coming outside of is beak . Just bobs its head , then eats the seed back again I assume .

Wouldnt mind these actions if they happened rarely however they are really REALLY frequent . As I am writing these he is still doing them, then stopping to play , then doing them again . I am really lost .

Our room isnt dry air vise , it is pretty humid infact .

I tried holding him upside down a few times so incase something was stuck in his throat/crop it would go away but doesnt seem to be the case .

No allergens etc. in the air since I am allergic to most of the perfume-like stuff too , so I dont use them .

I open my windows to let in some fresh air everyday (no draft is present I check it with fire to see if the flame is moving) , and his cage is far away from the window , half of the time covered with a cloth .

I am really confused . There is no reason for him to be doing these things yet he is only getting worse . Please help me .

Edit : He is fine besides these things . Plays, eats , drinks as regular as much as he can between performing these actions atleast . Only other thing is that he is a bit more sleepy , which is probably because he cant sleep at night because of these actions.

Last edited:

Sheba

Meeting neighbors
Here is a link to the videos of him doing these things .

He has been doing these for 2 days , people said they were probably just signs of stress after we took him to a vet via car and that they would go away after a while , but these actions didnt go away , instead they became more and more frequent and now its worrying me . I dont know why he does these .

First off: he started sneezing really often , so often that I heard him sneeze at 4-5 am yesterday. And I woke up by him having a sneezing fit today at 12 pm . Its just dry sneezing , no wetness no mucus etc. Just sneezing as seen in the video . He also makes squeeking noises at night but I assume its normal ?

And usually after he sneezes though sometimes just by itself ,he regurgitates/vomits for no reason as seen in the video . Seeds arent coming outside of is beak . Just bobs its head , then eats the seed back again I assume .

Wouldnt mind these actions if they happened rarely however they are really REALLY frequent . As I am writing these he is still doing them, then stopping to play , then doing them again . I am really lost .

Our room isnt dry air vise , it is pretty humid infact .

I tried holding him upside down a few times so incase something was stuck in his throat/crop it would go away but doesnt seem to be the case .

No allergens etc. in the air since I am allergic to most of the perfume-like stuff too , so I dont use them .

I open my windows to let in some fresh air everyday (no draft is present I check it with fire to see if the flame is moving) , and his cage is far away from the window , half of the time covered with a cloth .

I am really confused . There is no reason for him to be doing these things yet he is only getting worse . Please help me .

Edit : He is fine besides these things . Plays, eats , drinks as regular as much as he can between performing these actions atleast . Only other thing is that he is a bit more sleepy , which is probably because he cant sleep at night because of these actions.
Huh , I just noticed that I started sneezing too , but just a few times . Didnt notice it before since I was worried about him . I am allergic to pollens , can he be allergic too ? This might be adding to the issue if he can be , but I doubt it is the real issue .

SunTruth

Sprinting down the street
Hello,

I cannot help but really I think you should take him to the vet. Either he has something and the vet will know, either he has nothing and it will give you peace of mind.

I am sorry maybe someone more expert than me could give another advice but I just say that for you and him going well.