• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Droppings diet and toys?

Littlelovebird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Laurie
Hey guys!

skittles is now 5 months and she is super healthy and active! She eats pellets, veggies and fruits,seeds is a bit more of a reward like nutriberries for example.
Today I noticed something weird in her droppings. The consistency was a bit weird ans there was little dark green spots and was the size of sand in her droppings. In the past days we gave her a bit more seeds cause we were training her, she also ate kale while I was making a salad and she has been playing a lottttt with wooden toys I made for her! I got colored wooden beads (dyed not paint) and leather rope from a specialized bird store and made couple toys like that. So Im wondering if the little sandy parts in her droppings could be the toys and if its dangerous, should I remove it and replace it with acrylic beads for example? Or could it just be the kale and the seed recently added to her diet?
Her attitude is fine she is not sleepy she is super active and sweet. I just noticed that today and was worried because of the toys so wanted to check with you guys what you think? Should I be concerned? Are the toys safe you think? Is it just because of the recent seeds and the kale?
Thanks for your help guys

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Do you have a photo of the droppings? Birds generally do not eat non food items but it's not unheard of. My gut feeling is it's just the seeds and kale.

Littlelovebird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Laurie
Do you have a photo of the droppings? Birds generally do not eat non food items but it's not unheard of. My gut feeling is it's just the seeds and kale.
No I dont have one. Ill try to take one if she has another one like that! Im thinking shes ok and its just the seeds and kale too. But we never know! Do you think the wooden toys are safe though?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I don't see anything in the photos that looks harmful. Looks like Zoo Max brand stuff.