• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dried berries

Status
Not open for further replies.

merrin091

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Merrin
My title is spelled wrong, it's supposed to be "Dried". First I would like to thank Monica for giving me information about bird seed mixes and sprouts, but now I'm taking interest in feeding my lovies some dried berries! Although I'm not quite sure what berries to feed them, and I also like to add some fresh fruits to their diet, does any fruit applies to them? Or are there particular fruits that appears to be toxic. Dried Berries and Fresh Fruits please. Thank you!

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You can give dried blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and cranberries. You just have to make sure that they were not grown with pesticides.

Matt

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
No avocado ( i don't know if its a fruit or veggie but it is TOXIC)

Apples w/out seeds/core So cut away from those areas and they're good to go

Peaches - no core Or what ever that big thing in the center is called

Melons - NO RINDS I cut at least a inch to a inch and half away from the RIND

Strawberries, blue berries, black berries Pretty much all berries are Fine

Just make sure no pesticides were used, we buy ours at the grocery store - and wash them well under cold water

Most birds don't really like dried/dehydrated fruits and veggies

and most take a while to even start eating Fresh fruits and veggies

and don't feed fruits/veggies out of a can

jamie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jamie
Avoid using any dried fruits or vegetables that contain sulfites (various products containing sulfites are used as perservatives). The label on the package should state if the product is sulfite-free. Sulfites can cause respiratory problems (even in people).

Also, when feeding dried fruit, remember that since there's less water in the fruit, a serving of dried fruit will contain more calories than a serving of fresh fruit (dried fruits are smaller so more of them fit in a container :D ). Keep that in mind if your bird has a tendency to eat too much :)

Lex123

Rollerblading along the road
Dried/dehydrated fruits and veggies are the only kind my bird will eat. I ordered a Goldenfeast blend from ParrotWorld.net that has a varity of great fruits and veggies and nuts. The flavor is Carribean Bounty.

Status
Not open for further replies.