• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dressage show Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SallyQZ

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
I grudgingly got up at 4:30 this morning and set off for the second day of my first ever dressage show. To be honest, after yesterdays debacle, I wasn't really looking forward to today's rides.

Got to the show, warmed up my horse, and hit the show ring. Courage was a complete pro in the show ring and floated through the pattern like he had been doing it his whole life. Repeated it in his second test two hours later. I ended up winning BOTH tests (and got two wine glasses as my prize - yay!) and I'm absolutely floating on air.

I know that the next show could be a complete disaster - that's part of teaching a horse how to show. But for today, I'm the happiest girl in the entire world. Two blue ribbons and I'm so proud of my pony that I could burst! :heart:

Ranyart

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pennie
Very cool and congratulations. I used to show dressage with my Topper and I took videos at every show - when you have a bad ride it's fun to look back at where you started (I still giggle at me and Topper doing '20 meter 'triangles' when he was training level. Good job and give that pony of yours some carrots/apples and pets from me!

SallyQZ

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
Very cool and congratulations. I used to show dressage with my Topper and I took videos at every show - when you have a bad ride it's fun to look back at where you started (I still giggle at me and Topper doing '20 meter 'triangles' when he was training level. Good job and give that pony of yours some carrots/apples and pets from me!
20 meter triangles? :rofl::rofl: Yeah, I did one of those yesterday. And after Courage thundered around the ring at a brisk pace, when it was time for the medium walk, he stalled out and wanted to leave the ring at "A". Judge commented "labored walk". We went from medium walk into free walk and Courage staggered around like a drunk. Judge commented "even more labored, wandering." :rofl:

Horses - gotta love 'em!

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Congrats, great job to you both!

ArloDuncan

Real Name
Steve
Big Congratulations!!!! That is awesome!! What level tests did you compete in?

SallyQZ

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
Just training level, tests 2 and 3. Both my horse and I are new to dressage - we've just transitioned over from hunter/jumpers after an 18 month rehab for injuries. He's a fairly talented horse, but a little spooky & reactive. I tend to get tense, which makes him more reactive. We're both learning how to ride with the finesse necessary for dressage. :)

ArloDuncan

Real Name
Steve
Again that is Awesome!! I'm so glad They have returned to competition after their injuries Continued success with them Best of luck with them..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.