• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Drawing your birds!

ScreamBuddies

Walking the driveway
I'm happy to announce I'll be drawing birds again! I'll be doing fully colored and shaded copies of photos you share in oil pastels!

Some rules:
1. I do not charge for the drawings
2. There's no drawings per person limit, but I just request of you not to go too wild and give someone a chance to get their own drawing :)
3. Provide light pictures. I'll be copying the lighting onto the drawing as well, so you'll get a dark picture. I also ask for no blurry pictures or no cage bars
4. The bird doesn't have to be yours. It can be a friend's, family member's, or simply one from the internet
5. I can add text, such as a name, happy birthday wishes, a quote, etc
6. Don't set your expectations high. I'm in no way professional, but I still try my best. They may vary in quality
7. pictures can include multiple birds, even a whole flock
8. toys and backgrounds are possible, just with a picture

With that said, ask away! I don't have any examples right now, but since they're free, I don't think anyone needs them ;)

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I have a picture in mind, I'll post it later because it's not on my computer.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So nice of you! My fiancé's birthday is coming up. Could you do Happy Birthday with my 3 birds?

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
This is very nice of you!! :xflove:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
This is absolutely great timing. I've been looking through my old pics of my favourite Green Cheek and thinking about immortalising her in some way. My signature is taken so this would be great. I include my best pic of her. No text. Change the background if you want but please leave the feather in. tmp_32126.jpg

Last edited:

ScreamBuddies

Walking the driveway
So nice of you! My fiancé's birthday is coming up. Could you do Happy Birthday with my 3 birds?
Pictures? I would copy your siggy but its just emoticons :) I want a goood reference that you yourself know is good.

Do you want any text other than just happy birthday?

ScreamBuddies

Walking the driveway
This is absolutely great timing. I've been looking through my old pics of my favourite Green Cheek and thinking about immortalising her in some way. My signature is taken so this would be great. I include my best pic of her. No text. Change the background if you want but please leave the feather in. View attachment 340119
Looks like an absolute sweetheart. I've been drawing tons of feathers on the side so it's my time to shine :D

ScreamBuddies

Walking the driveway
This is absolutely great timing. I've been looking through my old pics of my favourite Green Cheek and thinking about immortalising her in some way. My signature is taken so this would be great. I include my best pic of her. No text. Change the background if you want but please leave the feather in. View attachment 340119
IMG_20200529_101431.jpg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Pictures? I would copy your siggy but its just emoticons :) I want a goood reference that you yourself know is good.

Do you want any text other than just happy birthday?
I'll send pics in a minute. They're on my phone. Maybe saying something like- Happy Birthday Howie! (Now, where's our millet?)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Should i include your sweethearts' names? Do you want colored paper maybe? Forgot to mention thats also an option :)
Ooooh! Yes, yes, and yes. I think all those ideas are great. :)

ScreamBuddies

Walking the driveway
Ooooh! Yes, yes, and yes. I think all those ideas are great. :)
Okay, heres my idea:

Since its not just a picture for you to have around and youll be showing it to someone for a special occasion, what if its a speech bubble pointing to all three saying "Happy Birthday Howie! (Now, where's our millet?)" And underneath a "From Rosie, Scooter and Elvis"?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Okay, heres my idea:

Since its not just a picture for you to have around and youll be showing it to someone for a special occasion, what if its a speech bubble pointing to all three saying "Happy Birthday Howie! (Now, where's our millet?)" And underneath a "From Rosie, Scooter and Elvis"?
Sure. Whatever you think is fine. (And we'll keep it around too, even though it's a bday wish.) I think it will be a really fun birthday surprise for him. Thank you. :)