• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

dragon fruit making the messiest of messes

barbs0nly

Walking the driveway
Real Name
lilly
i gave wem a piece of dragon fruit purée frozen because she loves frozen foods, (i think it’s the crunch element i have no idea) i go back in her room an hour later and am horrified because i thought she cut her face. i was crying running up to the cage and was greeted by this
D1C4B611-6EB5-4816-AA13-ABF7B5A93110.jpeg (don’t mind her nails i’m getting them done soon ! :) as for her face in this picture i have no clue)
83E4FE2E-F2B4-4EB0-B43F-12626FB28A99.jpeg
the entire issue of this is that she doesn’t bathe her face (i think it’s a baby thing) so i had to preen her face with wet fingers to get a SLIGHT amount off. i’m thinking about putting her in a humid room to loosen it? i honestly have no idea lmao. ppl weren’t kidding when they said gcc are clowns :p

Oscarbird

Sprinting down the street
My lovebird is the exact opposite! He LOVES to get his face wet, and sometimes on a hot day he'll just get his head and neck feathers wet. If you just let the dragon fruit be, I'm sure it will come off. If it doesn't, I'm honestly not sure what to do! Good luck though :)

BirdG1rl

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mara M.M
I think you should just let it be. My tiel got his entire crest and head soaked with apricot juice. He looked sticky and not at all comfortable. He's not tame and I didn't want to stress him out so I just left him. 2 days later and not a trace of fruit anywhere!

barbs0nly

Walking the driveway
Real Name
lilly
I think you should just let it be. My tiel got his entire crest and head soaked with apricot juice. He looked sticky and not at all comfortable. He's not tame and I didn't want to stress him out so I just left him. 2 days later and not a trace of fruit anywhere!
i ended up misting her and petting all of the fruit out which she liked LOL. i wish i would’ve let it be tho cause she still is dyed bright pink-

barbs0nly

Walking the driveway
Real Name
lilly
My lovebird is the exact opposite! He LOVES to get his face wet, and sometimes on a hot day he'll just get his head and neck feathers wet. If you just let the dragon fruit be, I'm sure it will come off. If it doesn't, I'm honestly not sure what to do! Good luck though :)
AWE love birds are adorable :joyful: we had her take a shower in my shower with the mist (if that makes sense) so she didn’t have any fruit on her feathers, i don’t mind her cheek being pink for a while hahahahsh

The_Mayor

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martha
i gave wem a piece of dragon fruit purée frozen because she loves frozen foods, (i think it’s the crunch element i have no idea) i go back in her room an hour later and am horrified because i thought she cut her face. i was crying running up to the cage and was greeted by this
View attachment 387584 (don’t mind her nails i’m getting them done soon ! :) as for her face in this picture i have no clue)
View attachment 387585
the entire issue of this is that she doesn’t bathe her face (i think it’s a baby thing) so i had to preen her face with wet fingers to get a SLIGHT amount off. i’m thinking about putting her in a humid room to loosen it? i honestly have no idea lmao. ppl weren’t kidding when they said gcc are clowns :p
Answer to interviewer's question: ". . . And *that's* how I got the idea of doing a slasher film with my birds in the leading roles."