• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Dr. Haddock / St. Marks Veterinary Hospital / New York City

Kuzey

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kuzey
Dr. Sally Haddock DVM is board-certified and has been treating avian and exotic animals over 30 years. Her office staff is very pleasant as well. She will gladly stay after business-hours to take care of your pet.

Before finding her I've been to Exotic Animal Center in Upper West Side, brought all four of my birds for a check-up, and to have an avian vet that knows my pets in case of an emergency. When the emergency came, her office did not care to fit me in for the same day. Before I hung up to phone, the last thing I heard from her secretary was "Like I said, she is booked for the next two days." Whereas Dr. Haddock will see your pet after business hours. I had two incidents both happened late afternoon. One with Money (my baby galah cockatoo) and one with Nikki (sun conure). I called her office and they arranged a same-day appointment. Dr. Haddoc and Dr. Barf stayed until 1 a.m. to operate on Nikki. My other option was to go to the Animal Medical Center but their avian vets leave after 7 pm.

That's all being said, she is GREAT!

Here is her info

(212) 477-2688
348 E 9th St, NY, NY 10003
(between 1st and 2nd Ave)

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am glad that you found a veterinarian that you are pleased with.