• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Doves

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
There are some juvenile mourning doves in one of my maple trees! They're sooooo fluffy and cute :xflove:

Some photos:

20200604_132936.jpg
20200604_133031.jpg
20200604_133053.jpg
20200604_133110.jpg
20200604_133137.jpg

They started looking at me funny while I was taking photos :lol:

@Zara I hope you like these!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Ahhhhh Love them!!!! :swoon:

I always look for my young doves in the big tree but they blend in sooo well. Spotted one on my railing this morning.
Oh, I saw him again after, sat on a street light but forgot to update the thread.

Such cute little guys :cloud9:

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
They're still there! I assume that they were getting too big for the nest, but not big enough to go on adventures with mom and dad. They're still fluffy as ever lol

Next morning I'm going to go out and check on them, I wonder if they'll move :huh:

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
The doves are not on their branch anymore, but hopefully I'll see them again.

Also, we have bluebirds on our nest box! We setup a camera, but the birds keep landing on it and setting off, then not flying onto the nest so we can see them. I'll try to get a picture of one later!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yea they grow up and then fly free :)
Maybe one day you will spot them again...

My mum in the UK has some bird in her bird boxes. I think 6 in one and 4 in the other...

What camera are you using?

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
What camera are you using?
I got a trail camera for my birthday, it's supposed to be for deer, bears, ect. but when we put it close enough to the nest it worked (partly because they land on it before landing on the box, and that sets off the camera)

Yea they grow up and then fly free :)
Maybe one day you will spot them again...
I assume I'll see them again because they still aren't big enough to go anywhere without their parents. They will probably join the neighborhood flock when they grow up.

I saw one adult starling with 7 babies a few days ago, and someow he was managing to feed and guide all of them across the road and all around my yard lol (I live a a cul-de-sac, so no real car danger, but the road is open to the hawks for hunting)

Video of the male on the camera:

Have fun listening to the sound of my neighborhood on a misty day. The rest of the forcast for today is rain with more rain and maybe a touch of lightning in the late afternoon, I like the weather because it helps with my pollen allergy, (maple! why do you have the longest blooming season ever :mad: ) but it's not very nice to have rain all day.