• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Doves

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
A few weeks ago I realized that my two ringneck doves Harmony and Freebird had two babies. I usually am really good about pulling their eggs and putting in fake ones, but I didn't see them in there as they were sitting on her little haystack where she always hangs out. Anyway, they are doing great and I just brought them into the house and into their own cage on Sunday. Right now, I am calling them Allegro and Adagio. One of them is going to go to a very close friend of mine who is a really talented multi species animal trainer and one of the most caring and compassionate animal people I know. I am SO excited about this as I have been trying to get her into birds for a long time. She is an extraordinary trainer so I am very excited that one of these babies is going to go live with her. She will get hers in another week or two. The other one will stay here. Here are a couple of pictures from a few weeks ago:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Congratulations on the babies...they look so sweet :)

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
So sweet! I see then CL a lot. I think they tend to be "throw away birds" like tiels. Do they play much? They seem like they usually just stay in one spot. I notice people with doves don't go crazy with perches and toys like with other birds. I love the noises they make.

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
I absolutely adore Eurasian ringneck doves! We have them in the wild down here :) They're my favorite! Do you have any other shots of your set up? Are ringnecks dusty at all?

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
they are darling Vickie, can't wait to watch them grow up with you!

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Awww congrats glad they will be going to good homes :hug8:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I absolutely adore Eurasian ringneck doves! We have them in the wild down here :) They're my favorite! Do you have any other shots of your set up? Are ringnecks dusty at all?

Not really but I could take some. I have the parents in a flight cage on my back patio. The little ones are in a cage inside. I would say that they are a little dusty.

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
They are adorable! I'd love to have a little pair of doves someday. I really like diamond doves.

Status
Not open for further replies.