• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Doves new to Odins' Bird Rescue

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
A lady witha a cancer diagnosis recently brought these two to the rescue. Wow, they are amazing! I have not been around these types of birds before, apart from the pigeons at the farm.
They are somewhat tamed, very beautiful and the sounds they make are outright haunting! doces.jpg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Awww. Do you know what kind they are? I was asked to foster diamond doves awhile ago and was pretty excited about it but they got adopted before I got them. Which is great for them, of course, but I was looking forward to working with doves.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
... just wanted to let you know this beautiful pair have found their way to my home, they are delightful!
Welcome Aboard! So glad you're here! And many congrats on your new babies!!!

jaanniss

Checking out the neighborhood
Thank You everyone for your welcome! This is a mated pair who have successfully raised one clutch over the past few months and arrived as a family. One of the young is a maturing male and has since been settled into a separate cage and is happy with bells to ring. I have experience with bird keeping and have raised many Java Doves but it has been awhile :)