• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

double yoked egg need advice for friend and pitchers if you have them

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin's my baby

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
my friend just set a dubled yoked egg and needs advice and pivtures to know whats going on and how to help it along. its a chicken egg but anything will do, and if anyone has candling pics of doble yoked fetuses that to would be great. thanks you guys

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Do you have a pix of this egg? How does she know it is a double yolked egg? What species of bird is it from.

I have pix'...I have to find them. I have also has twin hatches from a double yolked egg.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Susanne it is a chicken egg. I have a friend from another forum who had twin caiques babies in an egg. She had to assist with the hatching and both babies were deformed and died. I'm not sure of the survival rate of twin chickens though.

iluvsunconure

Real Name
Raymond :]
Judy, I know exactly who your talking about. ;) We even saw the pics. It was really cool. I don't think it will survive though.

robin's my baby

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
Found a couple pix's
thanks Susanne she knows it a duble because she can see both yokes when candled, hatch rates for twin egg are probily less then 10-15% of live hatches with out asset and some still dont make it as in gave up around day 18 or were just to weak. But i have brought it opon myself to help her get to that point anyway. i think the egg now has 2 days to go before fertilty can be told

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
OK...alot has depends on the shell size. Has she weighed the egg to see how much more it weighs to an average egg? Also true double yolks have a higher chance of successfully hatching without assistance. I have had several live hatches over the years. The failures have been 2 embryos sharing one yolk. All I could ever get is pix's of the failures from single yolk shared eggs.

robin's my baby

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
OK...alot has depends on the shell size. Has she weighed the egg to see how much more it weighs to an average egg? Also true double yolks have a higher chance of successfully hatching without assistance. I have had several live hatches over the years. The failures have been 2 embryos sharing one yolk. All I could ever get is pix's of the failures from single yolk shared eggs.
i belive she asid it was a jumbo so as big as it gets

Status
Not open for further replies.