• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Double yellow headed amazon parrot

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Thank you for your response, but I am not new here. I am just not around much. I pop in to keep up on someone’s bird who was sick. We’ve had Wasabi for about 14 years. Next month is the anniversary of his adoption. Some days it feels more like 140 years.
140 years of love?

Only people like us (Secret) understand that.....

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you for your response, but I am not new here. I am just not around much. I pop in to keep up on someone’s bird who was sick. We’ve had Wasabi for about 14 years. Next month is the anniversary of his adoption. Some days it feels more like 140 years.
I know your not new! I was saying Hiya cause I haven't caught you on in what seems like forever! :gbh:

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
140 years of love?

Only people like us (Secret) understand that.....

Oh, he has been a bit of a terror now and then. Even bit my husband. He’s bitten Jerry only a handful of times, whereas I have hands full of bites.

However, amazingly he did not bite me but once when he stepped up on my toweled hand!! That was amazing. I’ll post the video if possible.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Rainbow, Sorry. I thought you were addressing me. I see now that was a wave hello. Yesterday was a bad day to be online. Or awake.
[/QUOTE]

That's the kind of day today feels like! I woke exhausted, ran for many hours on full & got to SUPER exhausted & needing food fuel. After I ate I realized I missed my time to rest/nap. It's only an hour to 2 a day but I NEED that time mentally & physically. then I'm good till 10-12 am to putter & be able to form proper thoughts, sentences. I'll probably be in bed in the next hour cause... I'm ka-put!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Meanwhile.....

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I have fostered two different Amazons and admired and loved them both. One was more kind than the other, but both intimidated me in their own ways. They are not for the faint of heart! Both new owners were made for them... Kisses, head scratches, an absolute connection. We hope to get another large bird one day, but it's more about personality at this point than species. When the right bird comes along, we'll know.
The one that was not so kind at first, Pierre, turned out to be a great bird. Thanks for introducing me to pierre.
IMG_20200406_190526.jpg