• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Don't buy cheap vacuums (video)

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
We always advise people to keep their aviaries clean, and that often involves vacuuming, but what if your vacuum is part of the problem?

I keep diving deeper into indoor air quality, and this is the next piece of that puzzle I need to deal with (my vacuum is old and stinks up the place when it's used, so the birds need to be relocated).

Feathery

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nichole
I recently learned that the HEPA filters in vacuums need to be changed every 6 months or so. I have had mine 3 years now (Dyson V10 Animal) and only just changed the filter after I took it in for service. I always just took it out and rinsed and dried it.

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
I tried so many cheap vacuums only to throw them out in a couple months. About 4 years ago I purchased a Riccar. I've been really happy with it.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Thank you for this video! I might be able to use this footage to get my mum to comprehend why I am so particular about my vacuum and how it is used and cared for. She has only ever really owned vacuums that have always done the dust up the room or the stink the house out thing and she just replaces them regularly so we have some real issues when I see how she treats my old trusty Dyson which the company has told me to not upgrade from unless it literally dies, they actually said my old vac is of a better quality and working ability than some of their newer ones for filtration and length of life but they unfortunately do not carry many spare parts for my model anymore.