• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Done It Again

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Wow. I’ve just read this thread beginning to end.
Linden you’re one of the most caring and thoughtful birbers I’ve ever seen. Roger certainly found the right place to land.

I LOVE that

I’ll draw him for you, after Christmas.

@Mockinbirdiva have you seen the blue mutation?

View attachment 321903
Yes, I love them but my heart will always be with the crimson rosella since I had one many years ago.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I think I made a good decision. Roger has not barbered a single feather since the budgies came home. Nope, not a single one. I don't know if it was loneliness causing it or if it's the distraction of the budgies that is preventing it, but either way the vet was right. Am I glad? Am I ever!

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good to hear about the barbing ceasing! I'd love to see all his rose colored feathers fully in! That beautiful color all around will go to show what a long term good diet will produce when consistantly fed.

:happydance: Can't wait to see new pics as he progressively grows the barbered feathers back!!! :chickendance:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Oh, boy.
OK I just sold 11 birds (last years’ young)....... sold 5 cages....... moved nearly everybirdy.......

Now you guys have got me interested in Rosellas! :oops:
You sure don't see them often. Another one of my favorites is the Princess of Wales. You don't see them often either.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
You’re right! I have seen a few rosellas down here, but I’ve never seen a Princess of Wales. Beautiful bird.
Years ago I loaned a friend money to purchase an amazon and in turn when she got her money from a law suit she wanted to buy me a princess of wales when she and I were at an all bird store. I was really fancying that beautiful bird... but in the end, I said no, I have enough birds. But I sure did want it!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Another one of my favorites is the Princess of Wales.
I’ve never seen a Princess of Wales. Beautiful bird
Years ago I loaned a friend money to purchase an amazon and in turn when she got her money from a law suit she wanted to buy me a princess of wales when she and I were at an all bird store. I was really fancying that beautiful bird... but in the end, I said no, I have enough birds. But I sure did want it!
I see them for sale here frequently (for about 100eu), I would love one but it´s hard finding care info from people who live with one. Maybe in the future :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
when I volunteered at the Gabriel Foundation cleaning cages, they had several pairs of Princess of Wales available for adoption
they are indeed pretty!
A shame there was so many being rehomed. But yes, such beautiful birds :cloud9:

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I've been holding back but this is just going to be a disappointing post.
Roger has started barbering again. This time the back of his shoulders and his legs have got his attention. Next thing we're trying is gabapentin.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh dang, that is disappointing.:(I hope the gabapentin helps. Regardless, I’m sure those two new little cuties are a good distraction for him.
:hug8:

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Does he mind being misted? Maybe a little moisture would help. I'm sad to hear he's continuing barbering. Stop it Roger!!!!!
He hates being misted. But I hold humidity at 60-63‰ and he has 24hr access to a bath, which he uses every day.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry to hear about the Gaba. Is the theroy (vet suspicion) pain related for him? Why the Gaba?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
GABA is medication called gabapenton that is used for assorted conditions in humans and animals. Frequently used for nerve type pain.