• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

dominance battle (advice needed badly)

Jadaira

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Shana
i have 3 birds 2 princess of wales parakeet and 1 sun conure there in a good size cage with 3 bowls of food 3 water and a variety of perches the male parakeet and the male sun conure get along but the female princess is fighting the sun conure for dominance she is 15 years old and i just had to take her to vet after she cracked her beak fighting sunny the sun conure is 6 months old and will only get bigger adira is agressive and hates me while sunny and the male princess are sociable and hand trained adira has deficiancies associated to inbreeding that with age make me need to step in she will not win a dominance battle with sunny advice needed

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
The Sun Conure needs his own cage as soon as possible immediately.

How is/was the relationship between your Princess of Wales Parakeets (I'm assuming they were together and the Sun was added recently)?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Mixing different species is not advised and it’s actually often deadly dangerous to do so, that on top of having an odd number of birds in one cage (I can’t even think of a cage appropriately sized to house three birds of mixed species) is seriously asking for trouble.

You need to separate the conure to its own cage before you have a death or extremely serious injury.

Jadaira

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Shana
prince and adira the parakeets have been a bonded pair for 14 years ill work on getting another cage i have a small one ill move him into for now im in process of moving which i know has her stressed i got sunny because i need to train soon a new emotional support animal ive seen and heard sun conures bond with none conures before and hope they would but adira is aggressive ill move him into a small cage cage tomorrow and find a larger one later ty for your quick responses prince the male parakeet i s my current one but hes pushing 20