• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dolorex, pain and mutilation medication

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Dolorex is definitely good stuff. It is a controlled substance so I always have to go in for refills but very thankful we tried it with Bitty and when Giggie had her semi yearly meltdown. It stopped Giggie from digging into her skin right away. Usually I have to collar her and wait for the scabs to heal but she didn't even pick at them. And Bitty now shoots around when I have to give him meds but since he is very old with so much arthritis, that is a huge improvement. He's moving around and when I stopped the trial, he started chewing under his legs so we know it really works. Since he is so elderly, this is more a quality of life movement/support. But put this one in your arsenal of medications for pain and mutilation.

Oh and she finally got the rhinolith out. I can see how they can creep up on you. I thought he had an open airway but it was very deep and shaped to the nare when starting out which made it look deceptive. Antibiotics for the gunk underneath the plug. He looks pretty good for being at least 25-26...he might be a bit older than that.

bitty 1.jpg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He looks great!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sweet Bitty I :heart: him so. He's so very lucky to have you.

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Round of applause for Dolorex/Vicodin!

And I don’t know why, but rhinoliths creep me out. Whether human, or critter. So glad that one is out!

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
He looks great!
Thanks...he's very spry now that he's feeling less ouchie. He even dive bombed out the cage door and took off. Everyone was screaming at him. Must have law and order in the room apparently.

Sweet Bitty I :heart: him so. He's so very lucky to have you.
:hug8:

Round of applause for Dolorex/Vicodin!

And I don’t know why, but rhinoliths creep me out. Whether human, or critter. So glad that one is out!
It was sooo cool. I wish I would have taken a picture of the giant bird booger. :lol:

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It was sooo cool. I wish I would have taken a picture of the giant bird booger. :lol:
:barf:
I had to remove one from a comatose COVID patient’s nose a few months back. One of the respiratory therapists noticed it and needed it out. Oh, I was gagging the entire time. I couldn’t stop rubbing my face afterwards the entire shift, and then I dreamt I had one when I tried to sleep that night!!

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:barf:
I had to remove one from a comatose COVID patient’s nose a few months back. One of the respiratory therapists noticed it and needed it out. Oh, I was gagging the entire time. I couldn’t stop rubbing my face afterwards the entire shift, and then I dreamt I had one when I tried to sleep that night!!
Eeewwwww…I def don’t want to see human ones. Bittys looked like an odd shaped lentil seed. Hard pass on human boogies…even grand babies