• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dolly's sick

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Perhaps Dolly needs some liquid calcium.
She gets avian avipro daily. She also gets vitamin drops in her water though the avipro seems to be helping her.

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Im am so happy to read your updates!! Yay!!!! What a relief.

This seems a little long between eggs . But I'm glad she was able to lay. Can you weigh the new egg? I'm curious.

I sure hope this is the last one. And yiu don't have to deal with eggs again.
You and me both. Was stressful for all of us. As soon as she loses interest, the eggs are going.

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
That’s wonderful! I’m glad she’s ok :hug8:

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She gets avian avipro daily. She also gets vitamin drops in her water though the avipro seems to be helping her.
Avian Avipro is a probiotic. When a bird develops/lay eggs or becomes egg bound they use up a lot of calcium. If their body uses too much they can crash & die. Liquid or powdered calcium is often recommended by avian vets to quickly replenish it. There are many brands in liquid or powder form available. I would suggest, since Dolly has laid eggs, that you keep some on hand in case you may need it.

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Avian Avipro is a probiotic. When a bird develops/lay eggs or becomes egg bound they use up a lot of calcium. If their body uses too much they can crash & die. Liquid or powdered calcium is often recommended by avian vets to quickly replenish it. There are many brands in liquid or powder form available. I would suggest, since Dolly has laid eggs, that you keep some on hand in case you may need it.
Thank you for that. When I researched calcoum for birds months ago it was listed, and my avian vet suggested the same thing, so was glad I got it.
Could you please recommend a specific one so I can order it?

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I am monitoring her atill. Since she had that episode, there has been nothing since.
I was going to wait a couple more days to update.
She still has the 2 eggs and I have dummy eggs on the way. We have mail strike ongoing here, so they should be here soon.
She doesn't leave her hut for more than an hour or two during the day, but night time she's out and dancing and pinching food off our plates:)
Thank you for asking :)