• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dog Harness

Mitzi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle "Mitzi"
Can anyone recommend a dog harness that does not slip to the side of the shoulder when walking the dog. I have a step into harness that no matter how tight or loose I make it, it seem to slip to either her right or left side of shoulder when walking. She is not a puller. I have been using a martingale collar for this reason. I have to use a martingale as her head is smaller than her neck and regular collar can slip off if she gets frightened by another dog charging at her. She will not run away but stays by my side, but I would feel safer knowing she can not slip out.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I have the Julius K9 and LOVE it :)
It goes over the head, then clips under the chest.

edit; Mine is not the IDC one, you can see my pooch wearing it on my YT header: Zara
I can´t remember the size, but I think I can find it if you want to know :)

edit2; Here´s a link to this style harness on Amazon, Amazon.com : Julius-K9 Powerharness Black, Size 3 : Pet Supplies (there´s lots of sizes and colours)

Last edited:

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I always use a prong collar with a Roxie. But she does have a harness we use rarely, its the front half of a Help Em Up harness we got for our previous dog. Roxie seems to like it ok. Choosing the Right Harness
 - Help 'Em Up®

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Help Em Up harness we got for our previous dog. Roxie seems to like it ok. Choosing the Right Harness
 - Help 'Em Up®
That harness looks great for my Jacob. I like the harness for long walk because his back end tires. Some times he will lay in the path and I just have to stand and wait, or sit on the path next to him. I like our Julius k9 harness for the handle on top, but there´s no handle for the read end.

Edit; upon closer inpection, maybe not. Looks like he´ll get his doghood squished :eek: