• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dog grooming at home

TheOddFlock

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
I have been trimming Chilly's nails and fur on his paws every month for almost a year. He is very calm when I work on him.
I have also started bathing him once a month as well, he tolerates it. I started trimming the fur around his face and ears as well. I also brush him on a daily basis now.

So I ordered a grooming kit, and it will arrive between May 11th and June 1st.
Because he has a double coat I won't trim it as short as I usually get him shaved, since I am not a professional and I don't want to damage his fur.

He just needs his coat cleaned up a bit, and groomers are non essential and should be closed. I'm going out into a pandemic just to get my dog groomed. Plus, if I can learn how to trim his fur then it will save me $70-$90 every two months.

Here is a picture of Chilly after his bath, getting my bed wet. 20200404_213902.jpg

Picture of us at petsmart buying new perches, yes he is wearing a head harness. Any other harness causes him to cough as it puts pressure on his chest.
20200312_094457.jpg

After playing in the yard. He is trained to be off leash, he stays on our property, we don't have any fences or invisible fence.
20200404_192447.jpg

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Good luck! I admire that people can groom. I have a wahl razor, it works great but I do terrible with it. Typically only use it between grooming to thin one schnauzer- her fur grows literally 3x as fast as the others. Your pup looks very sweet.