• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Dog accident, Please Help!! (Good update #8)

SassyTiel

Moving in
I really, really hate having to resort to a forum for this but the earliest I can get her to the vet is tomorrow. It's a freak accident and I feel so horrible about it. In the end our young dog ended up getting a hold of my girl and caused some injuries. I know how serious just losing a few drops of blood can be, so I'm trying to get any information I can. The accident happened late last night, and she has been drinking quite a bit, but not eating since.( only took a seed or two from my hand ) I can't find anywhere where she is actively bleeding and she is climbing on me fine, no legs or toes seem injured. Her wings seem okay.. but she has been too tired to fly or stretch much so I'm not positive. Antibiotic cream was put on any spots I could see.. the feces part of her droppings are a very dark green, consistency like firm mushy lettuce..? I have a photo if needed. She is on a seed diet, I've been trying to introduce veggies but shes stubborn and has not had any for a few days. Shes resting on a heating pad, as her feet looked less pink then usual. Its helped, they look pretty much okay now. God I feel horrible. If anybody can help, please please do.

Last edited:

SassyTiel

Moving in
(Won't let me edit above.) Her urates are relatively yellow, pasty texture.

Cockatoo-Dust

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Skylar
Hi! dog bites are very concerning as dogs carry gram negative bacteria which birds cannot fight. best of luck to you and your little buddy!

Last edited by a moderator:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Get to ER VET ASAP. Any bites from mammal are to be taken extremely seriously. She will need antibiotics and wound care from qualified person.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Any updates on your little one?

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes! Sorry for the (very) late reply, she's doing better than ever.:swoon: For anyone who still wants to know lol
That's such a relief! I'm so glad that's the case
Thank you for letting us know.

SassyTiel

Moving in
That's such a relief! I'm so glad that's the case
Thank you for letting us know.
Of course! I posted some pics of her from today in feathered photos if you want to see them. ;)
You guys are the best on here.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Of course! I posted some pics of her from today in feathered photos if you want to see them. ;)
You guys are the best on here.
I just saw. She's absolutely magnificent :heart: