• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Doesnt play well with others

sheryl1954

Moving in
good morning amazon lovers. I need some of your wisdom. We have 6 amazons of different types. The pair that just arrived used to be mine and i had the chance to buy them back. Buddy is about 17 yr and missy is 7. Now Radar my young baby 8, is constantly chasing them. He gets a foot close where ever they fly. He loves Buddy im guessing. Last night he went in buddys cage to sleep. Buddys mate slept across the room. If i take radar to another room, he just flies back. Actually he was following Chica before this but now hes forgotten her for this newer bird. Im trying to understand the motivation so i can do the right thing. They are all flighted and let out of the cages in the morning. There is no actual biting just screams and flapping. If nothing else, Radar gets them moving for exercise. pic i is the new pair , pic 2 is radar, pic 3 is buddy

Attachments

Last edited:

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow!! You must be busy like hell with all those zons... We need photos urgently.... Pleeeeez

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
Wow, 6 amazons!?!?! How do you do that?? My lovies had a problem similar to that (a boy forgetting his mate when he sees the new bird), so I just separated the pair from the new bird, got the new bird her own friend, and they all lived happily ever after. I don't know if it could be that simple for amazons, though....Good luck!

sheryl1954

Moving in
Wow, 6 amazons!?!?! How do you do that?? My lovies had a problem similar to that (a boy forgetting his mate when he sees the new bird), so I just separated the pair from the new bird, got the new bird her own friend, and they all lived happily ever after. I don't know if it could be that simple for amazons, though....Good luck!
Thats an idea . There is a single lady available but she only loves me so far. I think in time she will be his friend. One week has gone by and Radar is giving Buddy some space. He does sneak into the same cage at night though. Its a macaw cage so its really huge and they dont seem to have an night fights.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Beauties!