• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

does your linnie make a rat-a-tat-tat sound

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
Odd question I suppose, but do any of your linnies make a soft sound that sounds like rat-a-tat or rat-a-tat-tat? Mylo is the only one of my linnies that makes this soft little sound, but he only makes it when communicating with Blueberry. At first I thought it was a warning type sound based on Blueberry's reactions. but that was a few months ago when I got him. Today was completely different: they were sitting only inches apart (this is odd, usually they keep their distance), Mylo would make the sound and then I'll be darned if they didn't touch beaks! They did this little routine maybe 4 or 5 times in a row and then Mylo calmly walked away. They did this same thing 2 separate times today. As far as I know, that is the first non-aggressive physical contact they've made.

I had thought it was a normal linnie sound, until it dawned on me that Mylo is the only one who makes it. Lol. So maybe it's learned from his previous home, but it he uses it so very specifically that I'm a bit skeptical.

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes! I call it "tick-tick-tick" and for Gigi, it's a warning. She sometimes makes this very soft sound when I touch her stuff.

Such an interesting interaction between Mylo and Blueberry!

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww that was so sweet. Yeah spoiled Gigi is thriving with our undivided attention. I wonder if 2 would be OK?
I'm checking the mileage between Maryland and Missouri. ;)

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
Hahaha, you'd have to hear him over the phone before making any final decisions! :lol: I'd suggest not rocking Gigi's boat :)