• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does your bird use a bottle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
I decided to get Indy a little mouse drinking bottle with a ball in it, I know hes been drinking from it as Ive held the bottle when hes done it, so I leave that in as well as his bowl so that I know he has clean water when Im out, just incase he makes his bowl dirty.
Well last night I put him away, switched the light off and saw him hanging UPSIDE DOWN on the side of the cage drinking from it!!
My first thought was how on earth that is possible??
Then I wondered how many other people use bottles sucessfully?

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
Yes, my cockatiels and conures drink from a water bottle, but my amazon does not know how yet.

Hendryx

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridie
All of the birds here use lixit bottles..dishes just become toxic waste in a very short time when you have soup makers lol.

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
I've got a couple of hamster bottles laying around, I wonder if I should try them? Thanks for the idea!!

WenM

Real Name
Wendy
All my birds use water bottles. Bowls are yucky droppings soup.

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott
I gave both of my TOOs bottles and despite not having had them before (as far as I know) Elima has taken to hers with gusto and I hear her using it a lot and she'll empty half of the medium sized bottle in a week. Topper OTOH will use hers but I don't think she likes at as much (or she just drinks a lot less water.) They both get bowls when they are on their stands when not in their cages and are prolific soup makers. :)

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I tried to get Andy using one and the male tiels they make the biggest mess - but none of them would use it

I'd like to get the lovebirds to use them They're bringing up a tie on who's the biggest mess makers in the water dish section but I only have 2 big ones, and I'm not spending like 4 dollars each for ones their size I'd have to have like 8-10 of them

so i'll just keep changing their water many many many times a day like i do with Andy and the Male Tiels

drop

I use bottles too. I use these ones . I take te ducky out because doesn't seem to hygenic to me, but other then that I am very happy with them.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I should try using a bottle. Squeeky likes making a soup lol.

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
Drop: I use them glass ones for my Chinchillas and Rabbit - I took the ducky out too, it went slimey.

Indy has one of these, its only small and very cheap.
Classic Mouse Water Bottle, 75ml | Small Animal Drinking Bottles | CH3803

The way I got him drinking from a bottle was when he used to try drinking out the top of a bottle I was drinking from that had a sports cap on it, he used to lap from that quite sucessfully, and was eager to share my drink, which must have made it more exciting for him, then I got the mouse bottle and played with it, then held it whilst he drank from it so that he wasnt scared, and Bingo!

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Cosmo and Merlin use water bottles, still working on the others one of these days when I get around to getting enough bottles. :)

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
All of mine use watter bottles. Mo is so funny, even though the cage door is open all day he will hand on the outside of the cage and stick his head through the bars and drink. And now of course he is using it to take showers lol. Funny coincidence the first article I posted on my website regarding avian health was on water bottles. I just think they are so much more sanitary.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ive used bottles in the past but didnt really like them. My birds are pretty good about the soup factor (well, except lance). I definitely do a lot of water changes for her. Ive thought about getting bottles again but Im afraid to try it with Cassius (hawkheaded parrot). he is SO fascinated with drops and sticks his tongue in all sorts of places it shouldnt be (he tries to clean your ears and nose :eek:) So, Im worried that he would get obsessive about bottle and the drops, and even more worried that he'd get his tongue stuck inside it. he is really bizarre that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.