• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does Your Bird Like Peas?

Does your bird like peas?

• Loves them!

Votes: 26 70.3%
  • Will eat them after all their favorites are gone

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Meh

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Actively avoids them so not sure

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Hates them!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know - never tried them!

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Something else (leave a comment!)

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Toot and Sulley eat and like peas but they are a favorite for Jenks. He will go for and eat all of the peas first and then look for more before eating anything else. :eating::eat:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
After the corn and green beans are demolished, Fergus and Fiona will eat some peas. I think they try to avoid the skins also. But woe is the one who tries to feed them carrots - they ABHOR carrots! ;)

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Not sure why I thought trying to put them on a screwer was a good idea haha

indie was first to check them out but ate the sesame seeds over peas:rolleyes:
Sugarsnap peas work well on a skewer

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Everyone here loves peas. Sophie will eat thawed frozen, so will the Zons. Everyone will eat fresh sugar snap, green bean too.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Milton obsessively loves peas. (He doesn't eat the skins either.) He eats the frozen peas. Elvis will eat fresh peas but doesn't love them. The tiels will eat anything I give them basically. They don't seem to have a favorite vegetable.

AGS

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ava
Widget likes thawed frozen peas but he kind of just thinks they’re little toys unless I open them for him to eat the inside. He really likes freeze dried peas too.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Snow peas, too :)
Had to google snow peas :lol: mangetout isnt as popular as the pea is to small compared to sugarsnap, not worth the effort to get them out for my two methinks.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Had to google snow peas :lol: mangetout isnt as popular as the pea is to small compared to sugarsnap, not worth the effort to get them out for my two methinks.
That's fair :)

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Sugar snap peas are their absolute favorites, hands down! They love removing the peas from the pods. If they're offered as peas in their bowls? Nope!

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Jericho reminded me of this earlier when I offered him a grape: if he can't taste the item through the skin, he doesn't like it.
Cutting things in half and exposing the tasty parts works for him.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Jericho reminded me of this earlier when I offered him a grape: if he can't taste the item through the skin, he doesn't like it.
Cutting things in half and exposing the tasty parts works for him.
That's how I got Bosco to eat his veggies! Especially the peas I exposed the soft insides than he was like heck yeah I want that!

ems08

Walking the driveway
Riley turns his beak up at frozen/thawed peas, I think because they're too mushy. He likes the fresh "English" peas I bought him at Trader Joe's, but sugar snap peas are hands down his fav green veggie. But he only eats the pea out of the middle and will toss the whole thing on the floor if I don't open it for him :wacky:. Also rejected green beans, but we'll keep trying those and see if maybe he warms up.

Winn

Jogging around the block
My 4 budgies love peas! (They don't get them often.) I usually use frozen peas, thawed or lightly cooked.

cnyguy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
Fresh sugar snap peas are Ralph's absolute favorite thing to eat. He also likes warmed up frozen green peas as an occasional change of pace. He's not too fond of snow peas since the peas inside the pods don't amount to much and the pods themselves just don't hit the spot for him. George the YCA was just as crazy about fresh green peas as Ralph is.
Scooter the CAG would not eat any kind of peas, but she loved to chew up empty peapods. In the morning I would take the peas out of the pod to put in Ralph's food dish and then Scooter would get the empty pod to tear apart.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
All of my conures will eat peas but the favorite of peas are sugar snap peas. They get the whole pod to open for the peas. Henry will eat the sugar snap peas … Lola is team meh “not eating those green things or green balls”. The Zons are too picky regarding vegetables. Blueberries are either regarded as evil beings for those two (sometimes Henry will brave eating a couple but he freaked out a couple days ago when I put some in his evening grub bowl). And for Gawd sake never put a blackberry in his bowl or anywhere else… it’s a very scary monster.