• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does your bird have a color preference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Most of my toys are a combination of natural (uncolored) wood and some that is dyed (vitacritter). Ive noticed while they will chew most anything up, some of the birds seem to have a strong attraction to certain colors.

Lancelot is really into bright pink and yellow. Cyan likes blues and greens. Coke likes reds and yellows. Cash... cash likes it all. I would say he typically shreds red blocks first, though.

I havent noticed it as much with foods (they dont get colored pellets). I have heard of birds that will chose a certain color pellet and leave others though, that is so funny :D

So how about your birds?

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Pink seems a strong favorite so far :D I wonder why that is. Funny because its my least favorite color. :lol:

geekasaurus

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chrissy
the only bird with any noticeable preference here is erleen, she loves pink!

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
:omg: African greys love pink? :huh: I wonder why...

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
lol! there's alot of love for pink going on! I haven't noticed if Cookie has a favorite yet.. hmm..

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Mine don't seem to have a preference.

I was told from a breeder friend that red is not a "bird-friendly" color and that's why cages never come in red. I REALLY REALLY wanted a cranberry colored cage :( and settled on forest green instead. I've only ever seen a burgundy cage once, and it was a HUGE macaw cage... I'll have to see if I can find the link. It was gorgeous tho!

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
Toy wise they don't care about the color

Pellet wise i have some that will only eat a certain color and the color changes some times daily sometimes weekly, I have ones who will eat one color first then move on to the others and some just dive eat and eat anything that gets in their mouth LOL

trout

Real Name
Bobby

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
All three of my Zon's: wearing a red shirt is like waving that red flag in front of a bull :0 And since my husband is a Nebraska Cornhusker... it gets interesting :) They don't seem to mind small red wood pieces, but I do avoid large red stuff. I just ran an individual test :) I laid out 6 different wood blocks and Sunni grabbed the closest one. Apparently Zons are not as persnickety as Grey's :D

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
no color preference she hates toys:p

Status
Not open for further replies.