• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does your bird flirt?

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Bailey is a big flirt. He doesn't care if the person is male or female. He will make heart wings, click, and sing to anyone who comes into my house. My neighbors love him and now my housekeepers do also. He is such a charmer. Bella would go to people but she didn't flirt. Is this a normal male tiel trait? Or is Bailey just being Bailey?

Tangoares

Walking the driveway
Tango my male cockatiel enjoys everybody's company, and has to check out any new person coming in, but he doesn't make the heart wings etc to people,
He only does that, the clicking & singing to towels, clothes etc lol,
Thought he does like to sing along with people at times

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It sounds like he's imprinted on people. Winston & Aurelius don't flirt. Pistachio & Marzipan will feed each other occasionally, but that's it. I'm not sure it's flirting so much as being buddies, as no other flirtatious or mating type behaviour is involved. Is this typical of bonded budgie pairs?

The_Mayor

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martha
Esmerelda used to spend a fair amount of time shaking her tail feathers at Mustrum.

He started out totally confused, began thinking, "this might be relevant to my interests" but by the time he thought maybe he should see where this led, she was so over him.

Flirting with me, no.

MC_Hahn's

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Marie C.
My cockatiel makes clicking noises, whistles/sings, and makes heart wings when he sees me, but he doesn't do it to anyone or anything else. I've had him for a little less than a year, so perhaps he'll start doing that to others eventually.
On the other hand, some family friends of mine had a cockatiel who did that to everyone he met, all the time. I think it mainly depends on the environment that the bird was raised in, and their interactions with people previously.

Britnicorn

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Phoenix flirts if he wants something from you :roflmao: He’ll suddenly turn into a sweetheart, making kissy sounds, say “you so cute” and “I love you!” And a bunch of other phrases in hopes to win you over:roflmao: he really knows how to work it!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sadly, no, lol! My birds could give a...well, you know...about me unless I'm bringing food! Opie will grip the cage bars with his beak and flutter his wings at me when he wants out of the cage--I don't know if that's flirting for a conure. Conure flirting is more the slow, sideways back and forth of the head. He does that to his toys!

keirieski17

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Keila
Titus is sweet on his mama, I think. I get lots of kissies and clicks and heart weeks. A little less for my fiancé, but sometimes for them too.