• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does you lovie have a special place to perch in your house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSoxFan85

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kynyetta or Keke!
I was wondering if anyones birdie has a fave place to perch or hide out? pics of their hiding place would be awesome, im trying to take one now hehehe.

Mango is kind of odd he prefers the wire to my cable box. Whenever he comes out he goes right for my entertainment system. I've had to buy a cord organizer so that he doesn't get stuck back there. He sits there for a while goes back into his cage eats and flies right back to his "spot". His second spot is my tub. He freaks out if you come near "his" tub.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
When out of his cage, Piper's favorite place to perch is my left shoulder.

If he feels like "sulking" (aka I'm not around and he's looked for me for quite a bit) I've been told he goes and perch on top the cabinets in the kitchen. Which is an add thing to do given the cabinets are more or less flushed against the wall and the only bit that sticks out is the door (so he's perching on top of the cabinet door, which isn't very wide).

RedSoxFan85

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kynyetta or Keke!
Mango also gets atop our cabinets but I've told hubby that he's going to have a lovely time cleaning birdie poppies up there lol

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
There are several niches in the birdroom Harley likes to occupy to scout out the area. Two of them are the highest brick ledges which protrude from the brick walls that cover the corner where the wood stove resides. They are about six inches from the ceiling and he loves it up there. In his cage he has one of those cardboard tubes (like birdie bagels but longer) and if he is cold or really wants privacy he sleeps inside the tube with just his beak outside

BirdsFTW

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maya
Mika's fave place to perch is either on me or the bf. If not on one of us, he likes to hang out on the kitchen nook or the window.

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Leyla and Nin like to hang out on me. Currently they are snuggled together under my chin preening each other:heart: They also like the hanging gym by the window, they love looking out the window.

Rigby have several favourite places: the hanging gym by the window, the little gym on top of his cage, the highest perch on Chewy's PVC gym, my head, one of the ropes above L&N's cage. He is not too picky!

Lovebird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kathy
Aww, this thread makes me so envious... not one of my 8 lovies will come to me. I have tried bribes, food, training techniques, singing, you name it. I can tell they love me, but if I attempt to touch them they run, flap and squwak. They are always confined to the bird room because I've got cats and a dog, but they don't even want the run of the room. Oh well, they sure are pretty to look at. :)

Tango1

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Marty
Tango's favorite hangout is on her Java tree. She will stay on that all day if I let her. She will play hide and seek with me if I go to get her and she's not ready to get off of it yet. there are pics posted in my album of her on her tree.
She also loves to be on me, but I don't have a lot of time for that. That's the reason I take her to work with me, so she's with me in some form most of the day.

ArloDuncan

Real Name
Steve
Duncan loves his huts from Kathy's store :)

get-attachment.aspx.jpeg DSCF0169.jpg

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Akira perches wherever she wants to perch. She understands that EVERY perch in the bird room...is hers. EVERY cage in the bird room...is also hers. And everything that she lands on...you guessed it. Hers. :lol:

Kimberly1985

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kimberly
Mine love the top of their cage....they really don't go anywhere else. They sometimes will perch on the back of the couch.

RedSoxFan85

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kynyetta or Keke!
@ arloduncan, I love the huts! I want to buy one for Mango but he's still not adjusted to the new home and barely touches anything in his cage. I would love to buy one of those for him. It looks so cozy! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.