• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

does this lovebirds eye look abnormal?

orphansparrow

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
I can't tell anything from the photos, but better safe than sorry. The 27th is a long time away, especially for bird concerns. Maybe call and ask to be put on a cancellation waitlist?

cinnobee

Meeting neighbors
I can't tell anything from the photos, but better safe than sorry. The 27th is a long time away, especially for bird concerns. Maybe call and ask to be put on a cancellation waitlist?
it was very hard to get him to hold still the picture of his eye is the best i could get this was before bed. and i’ll try to upload better photos tomorrow when i catch him digging at it. and i’m gonna call and ask. i’m very worried about this little guy.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
It's hard to see the eye very well for me .
Is there ever wetness around eye or nostril?
How do poops look? Bright green liquid around a fresh poop, but not a first morning poop, plus red eyes ( if this is what you are seeing) plus feather loss around eyes, can go with a bacterial infection called avain clymadia, as a classic presenting.
Tho there can be other things or nothing as I can't really see very well.

Picking feathers can be just behavior ,or indicate internal pain at spot they are picking..
So hard to say.

Any other symptoms?
Edit: ok if digging or scratching at eye , then definitely get in sooner , eye stuff is best treated quickly and I'm sure if you let the practice know they will agree

cinnobee

Meeting neighbors
It's hard to see the eye very well for me .
Is there ever wetness around eye or nostril?
How do poops look? Bright green liquid around a fresh poop, but not a first morning poop, plus red eyes ( if this is what you are seeing) plus feather loss around eyes, can go with a bacterial infection called avain clymadia, as a classic presenting.
Tho there can be other things or nothing as I can't really see very well.

Picking feathers can be just behavior ,or indicate internal pain at spot they are picking..
So hard to say.

Any other symptoms?
as fair as his eye goes it looks normal i just never noticed the red iris. and his poops seem normal for now? this is what really is he seems healthy besides that little patch under his wing.but also i know birds are really good at hiding symptoms. but i feel like i’d see physical indications of sickness like discharge. looks like he digs at it and caused a lot of irritation. like i said if i catch him digging tomorrow i’ll get a better picture- i just hope i can get a hold of the vet and try to get him in sooner. or ask what should i do for the meantime

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
i just never noticed the red iris
I am pretty sure your bird is Lutino. They have red eyes. They have red and white in the rump feathers, which I think I can just see the red. Other yellow birds that are similar (yellow body, red face) don't have the red eyes and have blue rumps.

Get the patch under the wing checked out to be safe, but feathers under the wing are sparse at the best of times, and your bird looks like they are in or about to go into a moult so it could be that, but best to be safe :)

cinnobee

Meeting neighbors
I am pretty sure your bird is Lutino. They have red eyes. They have red and white in the rump feathers, which I think I can just see the red. Other yellow birds that are similar (yellow body, red face) don't have the red eyes and have blue rumps.

Get the patch under the wing checked out to be safe, but feathers under the wing are sparse at the best of times, and your bird looks like they are in or about to go into a moult so it could be that, but best to be safe :)
i’m hoping it’s just molt seems very likely that it is because my parrotlet finished his cycle recently.