• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Does this call for a Vet visit?

ImGeode

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Nick
Hey! First post on the forum. I have had my Cockatiel (Roman) for around half a year now. Yesterday night I noticed he was keeping his left eye closed and turning to look at me with his RIGHT eye instead of opening his left. ( Here is an imgur link to a video or ) I looked in his eyes after he had opened both and you can see it's a bit red at the back (seen below.) I'm worried his eyes may be inflamed. But right after he was acting completely normal and very active! Is this normal or should I be taking him to a vet? Thanks for any advice!
20220715_192813.jpg

Attachments

Tenleigh

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tenleigh
Hey! First post on the forum. I have had my Cockatiel (Roman) for around half a year now. Yesterday night I noticed he was keeping his left eye closed and turning to look at me with his RIGHT eye instead of opening his left. ( Here is an imgur link to a video or ) I looked in his eyes after he had opened both and you can see it's a bit red at the back (seen below.) I'm worried his eyes may be inflamed. But right after he was acting completely normal and very active! Is this normal or should I be taking him to a vet? Thanks for any advice!
View attachment 410344
He might have a eye infection, I think it’s best to bring him to the vet.

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Welcome to the forum.

That's definitely not normal -- eyes shouldn't be messed with as an infection can spread, so I would get Roman to the vet.

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I would definitely get him to the vet. His eye looks sore and puffy. Better safe than sorry :)