• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does my bird have conjunctivitis?

Kaso

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Osha
So a days ago I got myself a male blue lovebird as a pet,when I got it the bird's eye was looking fine but now his right eye have been looking red and swole and the area surrounding it has been muzzled up and dirty.Is this a sign of conjunctivitis?

IMG_20200813_142410.jpg
Left side of bird

IMG_20200813_142452.jpg
Right side of bird

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
@Zara might have some ideas on what is going on.... all I can say is that there is certainly something going on with that eye and it is certainly either annoying or hurting your bird. Hopefully Zara will have an idea on what it could be but I am guessing you will be best off to get your initial vet appointment done ASAP.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Osha :)

Is this a sign of conjunctivitis?
I am not sure. But there is definitely some sort of infection or injury going on.

It´s highly recommended to have a vet checkup when bringing home a new bird, so you would have had to go to the vet any way. I would make that appointment sooner rather than later as Shezbug said. I´m sure your bird is having discomfort because of the eye.

Kaso

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Osha
Okie!! I'll try and get a vet appointment as soon as possible,and how much does one appointment cost?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
The appointment will be a different price for you than it was for me as I am guessing we are in different countries. It will also depend on what you have done. You can ask them an approx price for a wellness exam or new bird exam and then ask about the extra high and low estimate for the eye to be looked at. My vet is always able to give me a highest and lowest amount so I know what i am in for.