• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does molting change behaviour?

KKBB

Walking the driveway
Hi guys! I have a question. So all of my budgies seem to be molting now and I wanted to know, could it be possible that a budgies mood could change while they are molting? Thanks!:)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Figure it this way. They itch from the pin feathers and if you itched that much would your behavior change? Sure they are grumpy and uncomfortable. You can help them out with pin feathers that are ready to crack with your fingers if they let you.

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Baths sometimes help soothe them as well, you can try that.

KKBB

Walking the driveway
Figure it this way. They itch from the pin feathers and if you itched that much would your behavior change? Sure they are grumpy and uncomfortable. You can help them out with pin feathers that are ready to crack with your fingers if they let you.
Okay! Thank you. That makes sense :)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Give them a water source like a shallow dish with water and let them decide if a bath is needed. Or get them used to a spritz bath. Some budgies love being under a gentle drip. Some people get a cat fountain but use it for a bird bath.

KKBB

Walking the driveway
Give them a water source like a shallow dish with water and let them decide if a bath is needed. Or get them used to a spritz bath. Some budgies love being under a gentle drip. Some people get a cat fountain but use it for a bird bath.
Okay, thank you so much! :)