• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does it ever happen....

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
That not one single member of your flock will eat their morning meal? I didn't do anything different, Bellas screaming her head off, Birdie just frozen on her perch. Cowboy is talking softly to himself and playing half interest lay in a toy. BUT NOBODY'S EATING!!! What gives? Does this ever happen to you? Pretty soon it's going to be time to pick up the fresh, then I'm afraid it's nothing but pellets the rest of the day. ;(

Pumpkin

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tracy
Yes, I 've had this happen & wondered what was more important then eating their fresh food. LOL

Momto3boys

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Brandy
Ive had a bird do this but not all on the same morning. Huh, weird.
Did they maybe get their fresh a little later in the morning and they filled up on pellets?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Mine have done it, different times of the day too.

They are 2 year olds that are spoiled rotten, I take it as a compliment now

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
That is possible, I didn't check the clock when I woke up. But Mr. Cowboy was talking up a storm and it was so funny I didn't want to get up. But since he was talking, and is so close, I know HE wasn't eating pellets.

i did put some fresh kale on top of everything. Hmmmm. They could be thinking THAT WILL KILL ME. Should I just start over and no kale this time? It's always in their chop or pilaf or birdy bread..... Or take the food away and " let them eat cake"

am I obsessing? Ya think?

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Maybe I'll make some Harrisons Mash!

i really hate it when they don't eat. Makes me feel bad .

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Well, I lied. I did do something different. I put the monster kale next to their beloved mash and birdy bread. Threw everything out. Started over. All quiet on the western front now :D

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
Sounds like a flock conspiracy to me....:D

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
It has happened. Usually when I do the morning cleaning and decided to move furniture around a bit. No one tends to eat breakfast for a few hours after that...they'll eat a ton in the afternoon once they're used to the arrangements. But I rarely re-arrange, so this isnt an every day thing. More like a 1-2 xs a year thing...maybe...

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Sounds like a flock conspiracy to me....:D
If it IS a flock conspiracy then somehow JAMs MStar, a known bird felon and labor organizer, would have been behind it. I didn't just fall off the turnip truck yesterday, you know! :rofl: