• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does his nostril look concerning?

Moonrift

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Em
Hi everyone!
Today I noticed my bird’s left nostril looking a little different. He’s been acting completely normal with no discharge around his nares or watery poops, so I was wondering if it looks like a cause for concern?

The vet stresses him out a LOT but I’ll definitely be booking a appointment if it gets any worse. Any input would be great, thanks everyone! :) FE66A179-1F1F-441C-A727-BA86F03D1DFB.jpeg 60FC4BF5-42B3-4634-B07B-8AB7012AA9A4.jpeg

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What a cutie! I think it looks normal, but how does it compare to the other side? The outside part might look slightly red. Is that the part about it concerns you?

Moonrift

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Em
What a cutie! I think it looks normal, but how does it compare to the other side? The outside part might look slightly red. Is that the part about it concerns you?
Hi there, thanks for your response! Yesterday it looked like there might’ve been something clogged in his nose, but it must’ve been dander since it disappeared this morning.. Turns out I was freaking out over nothing haha!

Moonrift

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Em
Hi everyone!

I made a post yesterday and was able to take some better photos today. Upon closer inspection it looks like one of his nostrils is still a little clogged :( He’s acting and pooping normally but I’m probably still going to take him for a check up.

Does it look like it could be a respiratory/fungal infection or just bird boogers?

Thanks so much!

(I’ve attached a picture of his right nostril as well for comparison)

Attachments

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
It is certainly swollen and inflamed. I'd say it's a seed or some such caught up in his nostril and making it turn into an infection. Time to get it taken care of.

C_Leigh

Walking the driveway
Any health concern please book in to the avian vet