• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

does dilute olive coloration exist?

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
Is there such a color as a Dilute Olive? I ran across a picture on the web of a bird marked as "dilute olive" and for all the world it looked to me like some other pictures marked as 'greywing'. The birds look to me like a yellowy pea-green color. Of course I don't know anything about mutations. The LPS site doesn't mention a dilute olive.

-NG

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Is there such a color as a Dilute Olive? I ran across a picture on the web of a bird marked as "dilute olive" and for all the world it looked to me like some other pictures marked as 'greywing'. The birds look to me like a yellowy pea-green color. Of course I don't know anything about mutations. The LPS site doesn't mention a dilute olive.

-NG
I read on a breeder's site (very good color descriptions, Eddie's Aviary) that the "greywing" mutation is often mistakenly called "dilute" and there is not a dilute color

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
You're welcome! I was able to reply so fast because I get notified whenever there's a new thread here, there's not enough Linnie people to meet and ask for cute photos from :lol:

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
Here's a photo from the other day. Sprite making sure I had finished all my cereal. He flipped the spoon out shortly thereafter! Lol. The pic is poor for this, but I wonder if he has greywing in him. He has zero barring on his rump, just plain grey.

Attachments