• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does anyone recognize this branch wood?

edenic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Eden
I recently went to stay at a friend’s cottage in Haliburton County Ontario and found this really neat stick in the lake. I thought it might make a cool perch for my birds, but I don’t want to add it to their cages before finding out what kind of tree it was from and whether it’s safe for my birds to chew on. I know it’s kind of a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone could identify what kind of branch this is? The lake we were staying on was Big Hawk Lake if that helps at all. I’m trying to look up what kind of trees grow in that area but so far my searches haven’t turned up much information.

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Leaves and how they grow are the easiest way to identify a tree unfortunately!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Leaves and bark photos help identification. Can you post bcc a photo of the whole tree?

edenic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Eden
Leaves and bark photos help identification. Can you post bcc a photo of the whole tree?
Unfortunately I have no idea what tree it’s from since I just found it in the lake ... guess I’ll just have to pass on making it a perch for my birds. Thanks anyway though :dead: