• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does anyone own a Yellow crowned Amazon ?

AlexGrayBird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Patrick
Hello. I will be acquiring an 8-year old Yellow crowned Amazon, sex unknown. I'm curious about this Amazon, and would like to hear from any members who may own one.
Thank You.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I have one, Abigail! She came from Chandra and is the biggest sweetie ever! She has a shadow, LCA Nibbles. She is close to 20 and has lived with us for almost 10 years now. You can't go wrong with them as far as I'm concerned. They tend to be one of the easier going species of the Amazons. We just took her and Nibbles on a photo shoot for Kaytee. Smokey CAG was the other one we took!:) They were all super stars!

IMG_4418.jpg IMG_4411.jpg IMG_4409.jpg IMG_4422.jpg

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I have one, Abigail! She came from Chandra and is the biggest sweetie ever! She has a shadow, LCA Nibbles. She is close to 20 and has lived with us for almost 10 years now. You can't go wrong with them as far as I'm concerned. They tend to be one of the easier going species of the Amazons. We just took her and Nibbles on a photo shoot for Kaytee. Smokey CAG was the other one we took!:) They were all super stars!

View attachment 380397 View attachment 380399 View attachment 380400 View attachment 380401

So cute!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Photoshoot for Kaytee...what are they going to be featured on?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Photoshoot for Kaytee...what are they going to be featured on?
They are doing a May campaign for their products. I should get the final pictures in mid May. I promise to share. They had a model come in and take some great pictures. I've asked for some of the raw footage but so far nothing other than the crummy pics I was able to take while trying to manage the birds between shots. It was super fun though!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
They are doing a May campaign for their products. I should get the final pictures in mid May. I promise to share. They had a model come in and take some great pictures. I've asked for some of the raw footage but so far nothing other than the crummy pics I was able to take while trying to manage the birds between shots. It was super fun though!

So exciting! :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's so exciting! Can't believe your birds are models. I told the budgies & Marzipan went a little green. :roflmao:

txdyna65

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
Beautiful Amazon :) I have a yellow nape and from the front she looks like a Yellow Crown, until you see her nape :)

Ira

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ira R.
Beautiful Amazon :) I have a yellow nape and from the front she looks like a Yellow Crown, until you see her nape :)
How old when you got her? (Her, not you!)

I’m curious because my YNA, only 2, has developed a full, brilliant nape...with even more new yellow feathers growing in...but nothing on the crown yet.

I know they all yellow at different intensities, ages, rates...with some never developing any yellow in the crown at all...but thought I’d ask anyway. Do you recall the timeline on any of this?

txdyna65

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
@Ira I got Lucy as a baby, and had to hand feed her a few weeks because she was so young.
She had the yellow on her head from the beginning and later on developed the yellow on her nape and didnt lose the yellow on her crown.
I was told since she had it on her crown that it would stay and that most never developed it on their crown if they didnt have it to begin with.

Ira

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ira R.
@Ira I got Lucy as a baby, and had to hand feed her a few weeks because she was so young.
She had the yellow on her head from the beginning and later on developed the yellow on her nape and didnt lose the yellow on her crown.
I was told since she had it on her crown that it would stay and that most never developed it on their crown if they didnt have it to begin with.
Makes sense. Recently, I’ve seen a teensy weensy, light twinge of yellow on the crown, but not progressing at all like his nape, which I still see expanding with young yellow growth.

Tinta

Avenue Veteran
Curious, how does the YCA compare to the LCA?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Curious, how does the YCA compare to the LCA?
Well, there is a definite size difference! The LCA is much smaller than the YCA. The YCA seems to be more outgoing in our two. Our LCA is a bit more nervous but I don't know if that's true of all LCAs. They are both really great birds as far as I'm concerned.