• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does anyone have this playstand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica

I just ordered this today not sure when it should show up, was wondering if anyone has this? Is it worth it?
I decided to get this one because of all the various toy hooks hanging in places where they can actually be reached by birds.
Some playstands just don't allow for toys, or the amount of toys this one does. Or toys in the correct places to where the birds can actually reach them.

My hahns is so active and always on the go I just don't think he would stay on this if there weren't many toys. He sits on his cage and begs to be picked up if I don't rotate the toys he has up there everyday.

I really wish I could see it in person to make sure everything is accessible to him and it's the right size. So if you own this or have any comments about it post em :)
Thanks!:dance4:

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
I can put a climbing net on the side, a boing in the middle etc, If it allows for that, I'm hoping I can tweak a few more perching areas to it!

geekasaurus

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chrissy
i have the large version of it and its nice
i don't see birds using the bottom of that one, where the bowls are
mine rarely use the bottom perches...

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
I didn't even think about him not using the bottom of it.
The bowls are placed kind of low down.
He is pretty outgoing, and usually uses all of his provided space though.
And sure loves to eat. He gets cranky if he is away from his food bowl for too long so MAYBE he will venture down for a snack LOL! He cracks me up:D

I can just see the food area always having poop all over it. Who comes up with the ideas for these things anyways!??

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
I thought about getting one of those I like the look much better,
but there is not much room for hanging toys.
Which is my main concern in the first place,
it seems like the areas where I could hang toys on them,
are areas unaccessible to my bird. He's really small,
I could see where it would work out for a large bird, but not a teeny hahns.

He's not happy with just sitting there, or just walking around a perch.
He either has to be playing, eating, or on me, seriously!

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
I wish I would have seen that site before I ordered! I love those playstands,
I just don't like the idea of not being able to roll it around from room to room.

And I do not have a big enough table for something like that LOL
Maybe one day I will get another. Right now it's going to be out of my price range!

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
Do you have any pictures of your birds playing on that? I can't get over how awesome it is!

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
I have that one, and I don't use the food bowls so that wasn't an issue for me. I loved all the hooks as I put chains between them and ladders to make it even more complex.

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
I wish I would have seen that site before I ordered! I love those playstands,
I just don't like the idea of not being able to roll it around from room to room.

And I do not have a big enough table for something like that LOL
Maybe one day I will get another. Right now it's going to be out of my price range!
You could get one of the Acrobird table/stands and put it on. I have a small and large stand and I put different gyms on them. I usually stick a little double sided tape on it so I don't knock it off and I can change it easy.
I love those play gyms too, I just booked marked the site :)

whitewolf3307

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
I could not find a play stand that I liked so I made this one for mine.

I made it out of pvc pipe. If you want to know how to make one just send me a PM.

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
I have it! For my Quaker. I had to coat all the wooden perches in blue sand though, as she couldn't get a grip on it. And I wrapped all the perchable areas that were originally just powdercoated wrought iron in jute because she couldn't navigate around the gym very well.

Other than the fact that it's hard for her to navigate on, I really like it! For the price, I can't complain!

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I have it as well, for about a month now.

The birds love it.

My only problem with it was during the assembly...some pieces didn't want to go it at first, but it all fit in the end. I had read a review (after buying it) and the reviewer seemed to have the same issues as I did with it.

Other than that, I love it.

I might post pictures of it with one of my birds on it later on..

Edit: Oh and my birds go everwhere on it, they do use the bowls as well (I have pellets in one and foot toys in the other).

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli

:omg: That. Is. AWESOME! :eek:
:laughing12::laughing12::laughing12:
If only I had some money!!! :(

if your dad has tools (Saws, drills etc) That can easily be made for a lot less then buying it

We made our own when all we had was Billy and a Budgie, Billy was terrified of it (Imagine that) so we gave it to the budgie who loved it, and all the budgies after that loved it as do the tiels

doesn't look like the one pictured But we made it all and only spent maybe $10.00 the happy hut cost a whole $2.00 to make (with tax)

here's the one we made The Floor is shower board attached to Wood For easy clean up

some pics of them enjoying it

Play Time

Even when we got the lovebirds They loved it - how many birdies can fit on it? More then this picture shows LOL

Everything is made by us except the metal ladder of course but everything else we made by hand including the big swing on the top (both versions - the tiels destroyed the 1st colorful one LOL)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.