• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does anyone have this cage? Thoughts?

Blueboi

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I was wondering if anyone has this cage, and what you might like/dislike about it?
Its a kings cage, 32x23x65
I plan on getting it for a gcc
Thanks! 9003223-White-WEB.jpg

Ulis_Beast

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
Is it a Montana?
I have something similar.
I like the breeding latch up high that can be used for water/bath and such.
But I really dislike the dome top. If I were to choose again I'd choose a flat top.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Love King's cages. I bought mine direct from them and they met the current Amazon price. It's easy to put together and clean. It's been over 2 years and it looks brand new. I have a different one with the Juliet balcony too and my Gigi loves it. I guess it feels sneaky to escape. Your choice seems like a great one for a GCC.

1600259997001.jpeg

Blueboi

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Love King's cages. I bought mine direct from them and they met the current Amazon price. It's easy to put together and clean. It's been over 2 years and it looks brand new. I have a different one with the Juliet balcony too and my Gigi loves it. I guess it feels sneaky to escape. Your choice seems like a great one for a GCC.

View attachment 353682
Pretty cage! Is that a white or a silver/grey color? I obsessed with choosing either sandstone or grey/silver, as its hard to figure out through photos. I went with the silver/grey finish..

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I had one similar. Louise liked the drop down door for perching and it provided a good place to hang toys. It kinda became known as the poop deck... nice choice!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Pretty cage! Is that a white or a silver/grey color? I obsessed with choosing either sandstone or grey/silver, as its hard to figure out through photos. I went with the silver/grey finish..
It is listed as white by King's, but it's a creamy vanilla color. I'm sure silver grey will be gorgeous.

Blueboi

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I had one similar. Louise liked the drop down door for perching and it provided a good place to hang toys. It kinda became known as the poop deck... nice choice!
Thanks..cant wait until it arrives.

Ulis_Beast

Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
Oh, shoot. I just bought a dome top A&E cage. It’s my first dome top.
I suppose it depends on the bird and the needs.... Buuut... I love how Saroj12 has the plexiglass on a flat top..So no pooping on the toys.. and I think the dome is hard to reach to clean and hang toys (but mine doesn't have the juliet balcony).

The dome tops look really nice though.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I suppose it depends on the bird and the needs.... Buuut... I love how Saroj12 has the plexiglass on a flat top..So no pooping on the toys.. and I think the dome is hard to reach to clean and hang toys (but mine doesn't have the juliet balcony).

The dome tops look really nice though.
I put flexible plastic stuff on my cage tops. It’s like what you put under a computer chair.
Hopefully I won’t regret this one!

Ulis_Beast

Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
It’s like what you put under a computer chair.
LOL .. I live in a place where this kinda cool thing is not widspread/known/used..
But the parquet industry is flourishing :roflmao:

Edit: forgot to add, what a cool and simple solution.. provided the bird won't have a heart attack or decide it needs to be destroyed

Last edited:

budgieluv3

Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Elle and the birds has one just like it for her gcc, it seems like a great cage. :budgie2:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love how dome top cages look, but function is key with anything.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I have both Dome and Flat.
IMO each has benefits.
For hanging swings and large toys, the dome top is best.
For tall cages, it does put that mischievous bird out of reach!
Flat tops allow a bathing bowl, and a great place for them to play and hang out.
I really don't think either type would stop me if I saw a nice cage.

That does look like a nice cage.

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I bought a King's 32x23 playtop (not dometop) a few years ago and it came with a myriad of problems. One of the casters wasn't threaded, the bar spacing was larger than 5/8" in many spaces, sharp edges and burs everywhere, poor welds, panels welded on crooked, and bent sections. I complained and was refunded $50 (not enough for the number of problems I had with that cage, in my opinion). Hopefully King's has improved their quality control since, but I warn you their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I prefer a flat top cage as it allows for another play area to be established.

adellelaur

Moving in
Real Name
Lauren Petro

View attachment 353682

View attachment 353682
Beautiful. I just got a King's SLF 2818 as it came back in stock. I thought it was this one in Black/Silver which I got to match my Black Hammertone PH Cages. It's actually the new design of this cage. I attempted to put it together and had to contact them about the top assembly. Also the whole top and the bottom metal grate is not circular bars and are now flat. I have an A&E I got in March and within a month it started to rust. I've been in contact with King's and they had me personally text pictures of this cage in the new design to explain. I'm waiting to hear back as they're going to put one together themselves. I've attached pictures.

Attachments