• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does anyone have the Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer?

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kayla
I've seen a few old threads recommending it so I'm wondering if anyone has bought it recently to know if it's still safe

ParrotNuts

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Atharv
I think @rocky'smom uses/used it :)
Ok adding my 2 cents here, I only use steam type vaporizer in my apartment. I have 2 of them, both Vicks 1 1/2 gallon ones like this: https://www.amazon.com/Vicks-Vaporizer-Nightlight-Auto-Shut-Moisturized/dp/B0000TN7ME
I don't have kids in the house so that is not a worry. My vet told me that they are the safest to use around our feathered friends. I was worried about the Teflon issue but after several calls to the company, there is no Teflon in this product.
They are easy to clean, work well with hard water or softened water, hard water is preferred. The tank is easily bleached once a week, the heater sat in large cool whip container with cleaning vinegar every 2 weeks for 1 hour and then rinsed with hot water. You may have to use bamboo skewer to pick out the hard water deposits. Most often the vinegar will take care of it.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
" If you still have questions about the Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer, please reach out to our Consumer Relations team by calling 800-477-0457 or emailing ConsumerRelations@kaz.com. We are here to help! "

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I use mine most of the winter. But I will add that I bought ultra mist one with X mas gift card that works well. Biggest thing with steam one in hard water build up. Cleaning vinegar lots of it.

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kayla
I emailed the company asking if it is PTFE & PFOA free and it is but I was wondering if there was anything else I should be asking is in it. I think it's good but I want to be 100% sure I'm not missing anything

isabella99

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
isabella
I emailed the company asking if it is PTFE & PFOA free and it is but I was wondering if there was anything else I should be asking is in it. I think it's good but I want to be 100% sure I'm not missing anything
hi did you get α response? i have one right now and i was wondering if it was safe to use before i started running it

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]