• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does anyone have a pair of bonded female lovies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allessa

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
So ive seen male/male and male/female bonded pairs that are caged together. But does anyone actually have a pair of bonded FEMALES? Even if not caged together, still get along at "playtime?"

AZReno

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lynn
I haven't but have heard of it many times.....a person has a pair of 'breeding' birds that lays 10 eggs at a time and they never hatch.......2 hens, it happens all the time. I bet you won't see it happen if there is a male with in reach of them though..only if there is no other choice.

Lovebird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kathy
I am glad you asked that question... I've got two females who grew up in the same cage and get along well. Now one of them or maybe both?? are laying. Just this week I found two eggs on the floor of the cage with both of the girls hovering around the bottom. I removed the eggs as they were damaged, but both lovies hang out on the cage floor. I am puzzled.

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
I thought there was a member who had 2 females who got along wonderfully...But, I can't seem to find her. :confused:

drop

I know someone who has two females and two males. The females have shacked up and try to nest together and want nothing to do with the boys (who are left to relieve themselves on their toys :o: ). I know they got two new Lovies recently, I don't know how the dynamics have changed since then.

Last edited:

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I had a pair that I have no clue what their sex was lol was told male/female but they had a nest box for over a year (broken up in 3-4 month periods) never laid eggs, Slept in it, hid from us in it, Mated all the time - no always right, sometimes i'd walk in to one mating the others face ,or side or back or back of its head :rofl::o:

so either I had 2 older females or 2 males that really had no clue what they were doing

vmorrison

Meeting neighbors
I thought there was a member who had 2 females who got along wonderfully...But, I can't seem to find her.
That would be me. I have several pairs of hens that get along wonderfully. Two will actually lay simultaneous clutches of eggs and incubate side by side on the bottom of the cage. If I give them a nest box, they share it quite well.

I'm not a regular here much so I don't expect anyone to remember much of what I have to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.