• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does anyone have a Dyson bladeless fan?

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Just ordered the hp02 but can’t find anyone else that has one a little conserned because the hp of uses a ptfe filer which can’t be good with the heater ! But they’ve said the 02 uses glass filter still looking for someone else’s that has one !!

Hmmm, I don't know if the heating effects the filter but I'd definitely be weary if it has ptfe. Another thing about that model is, I think, there are big enough holes at the base for a talon to get caught if your birds are the adventurous type to cling onto it. My bird is crazy and would do something like that.

Have you considered an oil filled radiator? Those have been discussed as bird safe here on the forums many times.

Joe Henderson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
Well they said the one I ordered has a glass filter not ptfe,, it makes me wonder if everyone noes a lot of filters are ptfe , what if threes one in a vacuum and it gets hot ?
About the dyson I really want to find some one else’s who uses it !

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Well they said the one I ordered has a glass filter not ptfe,, it makes me wonder if everyone noes a lot of filters are ptfe , what if threes one in a vacuum and it gets hot ?
About the dyson I really want to find some one else’s who uses it !
Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding! I would think ptfe isn't dangerous unless it reaches a certain temperature and I thought it was something like over 450 degrees. But I could be wrong about that. Sorry I can't be more helpful! Hope someone else has the answers you're looking for!

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I have never heard of a filter having ptfe in it.

please also remember ptfe/pros was banned as of 2015. Teflon has not contained ptfe/pfoa since 2013

Joe Henderson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
So teflon isn’t dangerous ? And all hepa filters are either glass or ptfe

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue