• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does anyone have a Dyson bladeless fan?

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I'm considering getting one soon but not sure if it's completely bird safe, if a bird is left unattended with it? Are there any hazards to consider besides having to hide the cord?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I have no idea but have been wondering the same thing about their fans and their heaters.
I’ll be watching this thread for sure :)

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Yesterday was so hot here it was the first time I tried to use the ac this summer and ofcourse, as you can probably guess, it wasn't working.

I called the repairman early thus morning but they were so busy he couldn't give me an estimate on when he'd get there so I bought the Dyson. I'm not sure if I should return it though, because I found out it's got a magnet hidden underneath (on top to hold the remote) Blu can't get to the magnet unless he breaks the plastic, which I doubt he'll do. But still, now I'm not sure if it's safe?

I spent so much time at Best buy looking over the different models and the only one I figured would be safe enough was the bare bones fan only one because the air purifier/fan one had holes in the base big enough to get a claw stuck. Sucks cause I could have got the fan/purifier for the same price as the fan only at Costco.

Anyway, the ac guy just got here and fixed the ac in 5 munutes! Thank goodness! So now I have the option of returning the fan if the magnets underneath might be unsafe. What do you guys think? Remember he'll be left unsupervised with it.

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
We have one and Pilo pretty much ignores it as its slippery to land on. Its soooo quiet also, and like any plastic around a fid, just this one creates air flow!

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
We have one and Pilo pretty much ignores it as its slippery to land on and its soooo quiet also! Its like any plastic around a fid, just this one creates air flow!
That's great to know! Thank you Lodah! Blu tends to like landing on my other tower fan that's plastic so that's why I wouldn't put it past him to perch on this one. But the old one was only on when I was in the room watching him.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Best fan going. Also has hepa filter option. Very expensive. Filters are also expensive. Paying for that Dyson name.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Best fan going. Also has hepa filter option. Very expensive. Filters are also expensive. Paying for that Dyson name.
Don't I know it! Lol! I kept trying to get a discount! I asked best buy if they could price match hsn (Home shopping network) because its like $275 there. But they only price match a specific list of retailers and hsn was not one of them. I thought of buying a refurbished one to save money but I couldn't even find one. I needed it pronto so paid $440 with tax :dead:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
You might want to see if there are any knock offs around as it's just kind of a impeller type fan in the housing so I'm sure there are similar ones around cheaper.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
You might want to see if there are any knock offs around as it's just kind of a impeller type fan in the housing so I'm sure there are similar ones around cheaper.
Yeah, there are imposters for sure. The only problem with those are - I need to see and inspect every inch in person to make sure there are no hazards.

I was going to order a Lasko brand bladeless fan at first but it has an ionic iconic feature which I think is not good for birds. Then the knock off Dyson, like I said, I need to see.

But I think what I'm going to do is return the one I bought today to Best buy and then I'll purchase another exact same model from HSN.com. they sell them for $275. Still expensive but $165 in my pocket would surely be helpful. Especially since it's not an urgent matter anymore now that the ac is working again.

Thanks for talking some sense into me, Terry. I wasn't sure what to do because I've been wanting one for a while but I really can't afford $440 for a fan in this very moment.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Your welcome. I've bought MANY refurbed items for a significant savings and almost every one has been fine, lasted as expected, and appeared brand new. Woot.com is a great place to find all kinds of really nice, and some OK but tested and used refurb items. I just bought a Shark IONFlex 2X DuoClean Cordless Ultra-Light Vacuum, UF280 refurb for 139 shipped from them with a small warranty.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Your welcome. I've bought MANY refurbed items for a significant savings and almost every one has been fine, lasted as expected, and appeared brand new. Woot.com is a great place to find all kinds of really nice, and some OK but tested and used refurb items. I just bought a Shark IONFlex 2X DuoClean Cordless Ultra-Light Vacuum, UF280 refurb for 139 shipped from them with a small warranty.
Good to know ! Thank you again! I will check that site out too

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I was afraid to order from hsn after reading some reviews about that place so I checked ebay again today and a brand new exact model with a damaged box went up for sale today for $300. I bought that one and will return the best buy one. Savings of $140 :fairy2:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
My vacuum showed up today too and I'm impressed. Ive kinda turned into a vacuum geek and I have quite a few different ones because I like older well made things that do their jobs and last forever. It sucked up huge peices of dead Dobby food from the floor under his cage and does excellent on our carpet. It has a 90 day refurbished warranty through Shark and has two batteries. I saved about 100 bucks over new and it looks perfect. We all work too hard for our money so we shouldn't give it up easily and finding deals on things we would like is one way to do it. Slick Deals is another site to watch for members posting good deals they find and you can have deal alerts for things you want. Good for you finding a much better price and let us know how you like it when it gets there.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Cool! I hope your new vacuum makes you happy for a long long time! My brother gets those notifications from Slick deals too. I will have to check that site out as well. Thanks again!!

Joe Henderson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
Just ordered the hp02 but can’t find anyone else that has one a little conserned because the hp of uses a ptfe filer which can’t be good with the heater ! But they’ve said the 02 uses glass filter still looking for someone else’s that has one !!