• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does anyone else's external flash...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
eat up batteries like crazy? :omg: And even if the batteries aren't completely dead, it takens FOREVER for it to recycle even after a few days. :eek: Anyone else have this problem?

ThatDarnBird

I take the batteries out when I'm not using the flash. You may want to consider saving up for a rechargable battery for it- not rechargeable AA's though. If you need to stay with AA (or whatever size your flash uses) batteries for now then get the more expensive lithium batteries and make sure to remove them from the flash when it's not in use. My experience has been that all camera equipment eats regular batteries very quickly. With my old camera the regular AA batteries just didn't have the juice to run it properly.

Last edited:

hsmoscout

I take the batteries out when I'm not using the flash. You may want to consider saving up for a rechargable battery for it- not rechargeable AA's though. If you need to stay with AA batteries for now then get the more expensive lithium batteries and make sure to remove them from the flash when it's not in use. My experience has been that all camera equipment eats regular batteries very quickly.
I would have gotten the lithium in a flash (no pun intended) but it specifically says not to use anything other than alkaline.

ThatDarnBird

What flash do you have? I'm sure you have different options.

ThatDarnBird

I looked it up. I don't see any reason why you can't use lithium batteries, they're marketed specifically for cameras and electronic equipment. I would call a camera store and ask them what your options are.

hsmoscout

ok, just reread the manual and it says that they are fine...I guess I didn't see it earlier since it is at the very bottom of the page...

ThatDarnBird

ok, just reread the manual and it says that they are fine...I guess I didn't see it earlier since it is at the very bottom of the page...

Good, I think that will help your problem then. Make sure to remove them when your not using the flash though.

Status
Not open for further replies.