• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does Anyone Else's Bird Love To Stare Outside?

SkytheGcc

Strolling the yard
My GCC Sky loves to fly to my window when in my room and look outside . She watches people walk around and sometimes gets overexcited by sparrows and the like. It's pretty cute. anyone else got similar experiences?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Quite a lot of peoples birds like to look out of the window. Window perches are a popular thing that people buy so their bird has a small area stuck to the window to hang out on :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Ripley spends a lot of time everyday checking out the neighborhood, talking to the wild birds, and whistling at confused passerbys :lol:

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Yes! Nova would live at the window if I would let her. She spends hours just staring outside

kayosa

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Katy
My first pair of budgies would sit at the sliding door window and watch the wild birds. My dads canary would sit a few inches away, and watch too. These where my childhood birds and they loved Windows.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Yes, my birds love to look outside. One of the best purchases I ever made for my birds was the Wingdow. My birds argue over it.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Squeak lives in front of a window because he was always wanting to be closer to it. Burt loves the window so much he’ll climb the frame in between the windows to get a better view, it’s a real pity for him that he insists on breaking everything he possibly can… he broke his window perch again not even 24 hrs after I finally managed to fix it :grumpy: I now realise I need to buy more parts to stop him accessing certain parts of the window perch.

SkytheGcc

Strolling the yard
Squeak lives in front of a window because he was always wanting to be closer to it. Burt loves the window so much he’ll climb the frame in between the windows to get a better view, it’s a real pity for him that he insists on breaking everything he possibly can… he broke his window perch again not even 24 hrs after I finally managed to fix it :grumpy: I now realise I need to buy more parts to stop him accessing certain parts of the window perch.
oof

SkytheGcc

Strolling the yard
Yes, my birds love to look outside. One of the best purchases I ever made for my birds was the Wingdow. My birds argue over it.
I took your advice and was about to buy a seat when I got hit with a $250 start up price w/o extra stuff.

I'm rich for my age but not that rich:lol:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I took your advice and was about to buy a seat when I got hit with a $250 start up price w/o extra stuff.

I'm rich for my age but not that rich:lol:
Wow, I don’t remember mine being that high, but that was a long time ago.
My birds also have a mini observer. They like it, but they don’t fight over it like the Wingdow. It’s also a very high quality product.

Pepebirdie

Walking the driveway
My bird loves looking out the window! It’s the only time he is ever calm lol. He just sits there and observes. It’s so cute.

Momo & Mido

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Irene

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If anyone knows where to buy this or something like it in the EU, please let me know. Momo and Mido will be forever grateful to you
Would be easy enough to make something similair with 20mm furniture grade pvc pipe.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
If anyone knows where to buy this or something like it in the EU, please let me know. Momo and Mido will be forever grateful to you
It’s made by one of our vendors, maybe @Matto will ship there?

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
All my birds spend at least a little time watching the rat-race outside, but a combination of rain+vehicles+people was like a drug for Buddy.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I always wondered what they are thinking during window time. "Let me out of here" or "glad i am not out there"