• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does anyone else have to spy on their bird

macawww

Hit the Road
My macaw will only solve his new foraging toys when he thinks I'm not looking for some reason. With ones he's familiar with he will do it out in the open but he doesn't like people watching while he's undergoing the "figuring things out" process in case he makes a birdie fool of himself. If I catch him investigating a new toy he will pretend he wants nothing to do with it and stop immediately.

I've taken to spying on him because, not gonna lie, I love watching him solve them! Sometimes he catches me spying and I get in trouble

California

Meeting neighbors
My macaw will only solve his new foraging toys when he thinks I'm not looking for some reason. With ones he's familiar with he will do it out in the open but he doesn't like people watching while he's undergoing the "figuring things out" process in case he makes a birdie fool of himself. If I catch him investigating a new toy he will pretend he wants nothing to do with it and stop immediately.

I've taken to spying on him because, not gonna lie, I love watching him solve them! Sometimes he catches me spying and I get in trouble
I’m a new parrot owner but I have to spy on mine too,
If I’m looking he doesn’t eat or play
Again it might be cause I just got him