• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do yours like it hot or cold?

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick
Farlie prefers cold tap water over warm water. He has a couple different baths including the spray bottle to clean himself with. He loves water and when I do the dishes he'll beg to take a shower under the faucet.
Gave him a spray bottle shower a couple days ago and when he told me he had enough I set the bottle down and when I turned around he had run over and jumped into his bath tub. Talk about a wet bird! :jawdrop1:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Michael enjoys room temperature water.

Donna turner

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
Cheeky likes cold tap water even in the winter

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My birds like room temp water also.
If using the sink I put the ¨cold¨ tap on, but it is so hot where I live, the cold water isn´t that cold that comes out of the tap.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
We are room temp to cold here. When I try to make it a bit warmer I get the look. :unsure1: o_O

Craftydan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dan Crews
Cold. Ice cold. Preferably with chunks of ice floating in it.

In the sun, oddly enough. She's usually pampered in a climate controlled world, so it's not like the world is that hot or cold, but when we take her water dish over near the ice dispenser, we usually get an excited *Meep*.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mojo likes to shower with water straight out of the cold tap in the kitchen KiKI likes to bathe in her bowl in her cage at room temp.

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My birds are all different. JaJaBinks (B&G Macaw passed August 2020). She loved to sink her beak in my glass of herbal ice tea & take a long drink. I'd have to fight her to get my glass back. She'd steal my ice cubes too. She liked room temp or slightly warm water to shower in.

Jengo (CAG) likes cold water to drink & cold showers.

Jasmine U2 likes warm water to drink & shower in, but also likes to chew up ice cubes.

My birds all get showers in the bath tub. They don't like spray bottles.

All 3 liked ice cream, cold yogurt, etc. They'd only get a taste or two now & then.

JaKhu B&G Macaw doesn't like anything cold. She likes room temp or slightly warm.